Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    louise1200 Posts: 64, Reputation: 2

Feb 23, 2009, 02:56 PM
    Can the Depro vera give you symptoms off pregnancy? Can anyone clear this up for me?
    Hi, I had the injection in oct, I was due again on the 20th off jan, I didn't go as I had a very stressful week and completely forgot about it, I went the next week. My doctor thinks I'm pregnant and so does my cousin and also some women at work, my question is can the depo provera injection make me look like I'm pregnant? Can it make me feel nausea, dizzy, feel like I'm going to faint, wee more, eat more, get nosebleeds, have my gums bleed when I brush my teeth, change my boobs, my nipples are darker and more erect, I also have dark circles round the aerols, forget to say I'm very tired a lot off the time and can it also make me hungry a lot more. I was on the depo provera for three years from 19 to 22, I'm now 26 and this was my second injection. My doctor said I'm pregnant, or water infection or womb infection, but my partner asked about the injection, can someone please clear this up for me as I would really like to be pregnant but am very worried.
    stormey44 Posts: 380, Reputation: 3

Feb 23, 2009, 05:36 PM

I had the depo and I thought for suer I was pregnant my my boobs where really sore and I was really sick then I started to bleed and its been 3 weeks and still bleeding the doctors and home test say no and my doc told me that I would feel pregnant on the depo so the answer is yes you can and I also forgot to tell you my nipples turned really really dark but my doc said this is normal

Feb 23, 2009, 05:41 PM

Well I missed a week and my doctors sure I'm pregnant, so is my cousin and two nurses at work, but surely if they thought it was the injection they would off checked for that first?

Feb 23, 2009, 05:42 PM
    Oh and I forgot to say I haven't had a bleed, my last one was dec 31st, according to my doctor I should be eight weeks today.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What if you don't have the symptoms of a pregnancy [ 2 Answers ]

As I told you before. I am 53 and I am not getting my period any more since last march which was very light. Is it possible that I am pergnant even if I don't any symproms?

Depo vera & pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, my name is Christine, I got the depo vera shot in jan '08 and was suppose to go back for the 2nd one in April '08, but I didn't. The side effects were tooo much for me to handle. The problem is that it's been 3 months and I haven't received my period. I took a pregnancy test in may and it was...

Depo vera and pregnancy [ 6 Answers ]

Good day, I am 21 of age, never been on any contraceptives in my life until now, I have taken the depo vera shot in October 24th of last year, and my due date was January 24th of this year in which I made up my mind to never go back on, now my fiancée and I want to have a child, what must I do or...

Symptoms of pregnancy [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant but felling head ache and heart burning feeling but can some one tell me when the boobs are to start tenderness or swelling because I ant got nothing;)

Depro vera and bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

I'm on depro vera and have been bleeding after sex or getting a brown discharge - is this normal?

View more questions Search