Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Confusedgirl1234 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2009, 12:12 PM
    Low heartbeat at around 7 weeks pregnant
    Does anyone know what the heartbeat should be at around 7 weeks pregnant? I just had a ultrasound and the doctor said it seemed low and I had light spotting. It is at 113 BPM and they said it was low. I am scared to death and just want some answers whether bad or not.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2009, 01:23 PM

Often closer to about 120-140, but it can vary even by days in the early weeks, so 113 might be lower than the average at 7 weeks, but not necessarily an indication of a problem. It may be you aren't quite as far along as suspected and that can make a big difference in the range you will see. A one time reading is not always enough to make a judgement on, but it is low enough that they would want to follow up on it. Did the doctor say when they would do another scan?
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

Feb 23, 2009, 02:23 PM

I think 100 or 110 is much worse than 113. Do they know it you are really 7 weeks?
    kpangor Posts: 357, Reputation: 2

Feb 24, 2009, 11:48 AM

I think yr little bean heart just started beating maybe?
    Don't give up hope just go in a couple days for another ultrasound for reassurance
    Good luck
    stormey44 Posts: 380, Reputation: 3

Feb 24, 2009, 06:54 PM

Let us know how eveything goes good luck just keep faith that everything will be OK
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 24, 2009, 07:14 PM
    Sleep patterns also affect heart rates as well as any medication you may be taking. If you are taking anything that makes you sleepy, e.g. Benadryl, Tylenol PM, etc, you will notice a lower heart rate.

The usual FHR according to PCEP, NRP, etc is 120 - 160 beats per minute, but again this varies with all babies as well as gestational age and anything that may be affecting the rate such as medications.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

Can you hear the heartbeat at 9 weeks [ 3 Answers ]

I have been having stomach cramps and went to the doctors but couldn't hear the heartbeat. When is it that you can hear the heartbeat. I have heard from a friend that she didn't hear it until she was 20 weeks. I was told that I didn't have to have a scan yet even though it is my 1st baby.

Light spotting at 6 weeks pregnant, no heartbeat detected [ 9 Answers ]

I went to the er last Thursday due to light spotting and they checked my hcg levels and said they were in the 9000 range. Also did an u/s but did not detect a heartbeat. According to the measurments I am 5 1/2 weeks. Went back on Sunday and my levels had dropped to the 8000 range. Another u/s...

3 1/2 weeks Pregnant [ 6 Answers ]

Ok here goes I only had a period for 1 day last month and skipped this month completely... went to the doctor and had a blood test done it was positive... I am definitely pregnant about 3.5 weeks the weird thing is nothing fits I can't even button my jeans is this normal?

3-4 weeks pregnant.. . [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I went to the doctor about 5 days ago and found out than I'm 3-4 weeks pregnant and I'm really excited but The next day I staarted spotting so I went to the E.R. Cause it really worried me a lot and they did a lot of test and told me it is OK but it has been about 4 days now and I'm still kind...

View more questions Search