Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dawn1957 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2009, 11:47 AM
    Copy of naturalization paper

My question is about acquiring a certified copy of a naturalization certificate.

I went online to d/l the form, filled it out online, and pd $129 with a credit card, only to find out after printing the paperwork out, I still had to pay another $380. What the heck, I didn't pay anywhere near that amt to become a citizen in 2000.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2009, 01:11 PM

Did you use a 3rd party company?

What happened to your first copy?
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2009, 01:27 PM

I found this. I hope it helps.

How Do I Obtain Certified True Copies of a Certificate of Naturalization?
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Feb 23, 2009, 01:30 PM

The N-565 filing fee is $380 to the USCIS. I don't think you can file this form online. Got to USCIS Home Page and click on "immigration forms" on the header menu. Scroll down to the N-565.

+1 on the answer from Emland, you might have gone to a third party site. There are a lot of them and some look very official. If this was helpful, rate this answer, good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to obtain a copy of grandfather's you.s. Naturalization papers [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to locate my father's u.s. naturalization papers in order to obtain my german citizenship. I have everything I need except the u.s. naturalization paper. The german authorities are waiting only for this to be able to grant the citizenship based on the fact that, as Jews, my family was...

LexmarkX6570 Paper jam display with no paper jam [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I cannot get the paper jam error to clear - I have unplugged the printer, rebooted by laptop and still the error keeps appearing. There is no paper in the machine and the path is clear of any paper. Any assistance would be very helpful! Thank you.

Canon MP600 says no paper when there is paper [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying tp print from Canon MP600 but get message "there is no paper. load paper and press OK" There is paper in feeder - any idea of what solution might be ? Thanks

Naturalization [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My wife received her green card in November 2003. We had been married over two years and had a child when we applied, so she received a permanent green card from the very beginning. I had been working overseas since 2000, and we were preparing to move back permanently to the US. We were...

View more questions Search