Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2009, 11:42 AM
    How is Obama doing with the auto bail-out?
    "Among the eight members named Friday to the Presidential Task Force on the Auto Industry and the 10 senior policy aides who will assist them in their work, two own American models. Add the Treasury Department's special adviser to the task force and the total jumps to three." Auto team drives imports | detnews.com | The Detroit News
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2009, 12:17 PM

This sounds like a great opportunity for Obama to bring in that team of rivals concept and ask Mitt Romney to join the group.

I think they all should drive around in them new green golf carts .
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2009, 01:20 PM

Congress ought to haul 'em in and ask them under oath what manufacturer of car they own. But, Congressmen probably own more imports than domestic as well.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2009, 02:07 PM

I'd like to hear the reasoning behind Chrysler sending our bail out money to Brazil to redo their plant there. Yet they keep laying off US workers? I don't think a bail out was the answer. It was strictly a hand out to be used any way the auto companies wished with no chance of anyone having a say where the money goes prior to it disappearing down a black hole. I did like the part where they were supposed to pay the money back. Maybe with Monopoly money, but not real money.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2009, 02:20 PM

I bet the reason is that it puts Chrysler in a better competitive position to manufacture outside the country.

Do I think Chrysler should've gotten the bail out ? Nope .But I can't blame them for using it to their best advantage.The goal was to strengthen them... right ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bail money [ 3 Answers ]

What is bail money used for?

Bail out Madoff [ 16 Answers ]

With the financial markets already in a state of panic and the global recession expected to worsen in 2009, we can ill afford to allow the financial institutions, charities, and rich idiots that entrusted Bernard Madoff with their money to go bust. As for the widespread contention that since Mr....

Excessive bail [ 1 Answers ]

Got a question, Is there a provision in the U.S. Constitution that protects a defendant from excessive bail?

No bail warrant [ 2 Answers ]

My sister has a no bail warrant she was sentenced and walked out of courthouse.does the warrant stay active until she is arrested and sees the judge again.

First offense... $50,000 bail? [ 3 Answers ]

My 24 yr old friend was VERY drunk and ditched-(abandoned) by people who were only interested in getting him completely plastered (and most likely trying to take sexual advantage of him as a result) last Saturday-- 10/07/07. He was taken, in a blacked-out state, to an unknown destination and was...

View more questions Search