Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    josher Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2006, 04:51 PM
    Wood fence
    I want to build a fence 8 ft tall and I am requested by the city engineered wind load calculations for 90 miles per hour, sustained for 3 seconds.
    How do I calculate this?

Thanks for any help
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2006, 05:29 PM
    See if this one helps:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/engine...tml#post142760

... I'd call one of the inspectors and nicely ask if he can give you more specific info on the matter too. In my area the inspectors are quite friendly about this sort of thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Erecting a wood fence on concrete [ 13 Answers ]

I have a chain link fence that is on a concrete retaining wall between my property and neighbour's property. It is about 3'-4' in height and I was originally thinking about attaching a wooden fence to the existing fence posts. The fence I would need to build would be 5'-6' in height and I think...

Fence Repair [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a wood fence with 4x4 posts.Some are leaning.Is there an easy way to straighten them out without removing them? Soil is normal--light clay and earth Thanks!

The fence [ 58 Answers ]

Should the United States build a fence along our southern border with Mexico?

Fence Repair [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a wood fence with 4x4 posts.Some are leaning.Is there an easy way to straighten them out without removing them? Soil is normal--light clay and earth Thanks!

Wood fence mounted on concrete wall [ 4 Answers ]

Howdy all. I want to put up a wood fence, mounted on top of an existing poured concrete wall that's about 2' tall. My question is about how to connect the wooden posts to the concrete securely. I was thinking of drilling into the concrete, setting maybe 3/4" threaded bolts (using bolt-setting...

View more questions Search