Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paul_leslie2002 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2009, 08:33 AM
    Sharpening of hand saws
    Is there any other way of sharpening a hand saw at home other than with a triangular file?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 23, 2009, 12:30 PM

There are grinding machines for sharpening but the average home owner would never own one. I have never seen a DIYer who could get a good sharpening job done even with a new file. Its very difficult to get the perfect 15 degree bevel on every tooth and then set each tooth. So, to answer your question, I don't think so.
    Northern Mike Posts: 44, Reputation: 4

Feb 24, 2009, 03:18 AM

I agree with ballengerb1
    Mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sharpening Steel [ 9 Answers ]

I recently got a few very nice Global knives for my birthday. LOVE them. As a budding home chef I never realized what a difference good knives made. The pamphlet that came with them says that I should use their special sharpening steel. It is both hard to find and expensive. Does anyone...

Carbide saws [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Everyone Does grinding the shoulder weaken the saw blade?

Teeth sharpening [ 6 Answers ]

I was wondering if its possible to get my canine teeth sharpend into points? I haven't got around to asking my dentist yet... Need an answer =]

Air handler horizontal left hand or right hand? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference in a horizontal left hand or horizontal right hand application as far as an air handler? Also, which end would be the return and/or supply? The "a" coil is at one end and the blower motor is at the other end. Thanks

Sharpening mowers [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best way to sharpen the blades on a cylender mower.

View more questions Search