Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    akbalhussein Posts: 9, Reputation: 0

Feb 23, 2009, 07:49 AM
    Mitsubishi colt Space star Manual Gearbosx
    I have Mitsubishi coltSpace star. Have problems to get into the first gear, it goes into third gear instead and defficult to get into Reverse gear.
    Is the problem with the gear box? Can somebody anwer to my question please?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2009, 07:56 AM

May need fluid in resovoir, if hydraulic.
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2009, 08:29 AM

Leaving a red mark(disagreeing) does not help fix a problem. You were suppose to Post additional info.
    You have engine oil, but DO YOU HAVE HYDRAULIC clutch, MAY need fluid.
    dopedemand Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jul 18, 2009, 01:14 AM

hi, I buahgt a 1999 space star 2 days ago, I have the same issue, it turns out the gearbox uses a thing called syncromesh, which means while ever the car is moving you can't engage the first gear, you can only engage the first gear if stationary =), I found it to be veryyyyy weird and I'm still adjusting to it! But there's nothing wrong with your gear box, my uncle an army machanic to me this so I trust his knowledge =D
    munchingmalc Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Nov 13, 2009, 05:35 PM
    If the car is very difficult going into 1st or reverse the gear link bushes need replacing.this is something I found on the used car expert site,I hope it helps
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2009, 07:03 PM

Mr Hussein, I will never respond again to your questions, will likely be wrong.
    ADEL123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2012, 09:14 AM
    I have exactly the same problem
    My car did only 42k miles and the reverse gear is almost impossible to engage. First gear is hard but I got used to it. I took it to the local garage and they said it needs a new gearbox.
    Any insights?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend left because she needed space. Giving her space, but how do I get her back [ 14 Answers ]

My girlfriend of 1 1/2 years broke up with me. She said that she needed space. The reasoning behind this is that she says she just felt unhappy for a while, because of some of my actions. I love her dearly, and I have been giving her the space she has requested. She says that she loves me, but...

Mitsubishi TV pip [ 1 Answers ]

Mitsubishi big screen 6051 , Can't get rid of this annoying pip It gets bigger or smaller but always on. Thank you

Having heavy & colt period [ 2 Answers ]

I my period late five days but for the two week I am having colt heavy bleeding

'92 Mitsubishi Expo/Space Wagon willnot start [ 1 Answers ]

My 1992 Mitsibushi Expo (also know as Space Wagon in Europe) has had this annoying problem for many years. The car will not start in hot weather or re-start after driving for awhile. I have heard that Hondas have a similar problem and it is the Main Relay. Does my car have a Main Relay? What is...

View more questions Search