Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mqf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2009, 07:44 AM
    Petitioning to a Parole Officer
    I would like to send a letter to my brother's parole officer asking for them to help my brother get help (rehabilitation). The system is broken, as he's been in and out of the system for almost 20 years now. He'll get out, can't find work due to his felon and he's released back into the same type of environment.

I would like to ask if they would grant him permission to relocate his probation to another state where we (his family) can help him get a brand new start, etc.

Any suggestion as to how I could address this professionally where they would listen to me?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2009, 05:25 AM

Hello mq:

They won't listen to you. They aren't interested in helping your brother. That's not what the system is designed for. It's designed for PUNISHMENT.

They WILL grant a move, but you have to follow certain rules in order to get one. I write about it at the top of the criminal law page.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 24, 2009, 06:58 AM

First they may enjoy the letter and make fun of your brother and insult him about his "sister" doing his fights for him.

It will not help.
    As for as a transfer he has to request it hisself and follow the rules for a transfer.

The system does not have "help" esp from the parole officer, they merely watch to be sure he has followed all of the rules and send him back if he does not.

If you want him to have help, you and his family need to do that, plus he will have to want to help hisself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I be a police officer or probation officer with criminal background? [ 5 Answers ]

I am currently going to school to get a degree in Criminal Justice. I was looking into different jobs and wanted to know if I could be a police officer or a probation officer with a theft charge and a disorderly conduct charge? Both charges where between the age of 15-17. Thank you for any help !

US citizen petitioning mother with two daughters under 21 [ 1 Answers ]

It was my understanding that as a US citizen, you could petition your parent and this would automatically include any children under 21. My sisters are 19 and 16 years old. I just received a processing fee bill which only includes my mother and not my 2 sisters. I called the National Visa Center...

Parole DUI [ 3 Answers ]

Actually I'm on parole so the judge no longer has jurisdiction. I'm just wondering if it's up to my PO whether to violate me or not

View more questions Search