Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tandah Posts: 67, Reputation: 5

Feb 23, 2009, 05:35 AM
    Morning headaches + Pregnant
    I just found out I was pregnant.. I'm about 6 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child.
    My question is, is I normal to have huge headaches as soon as I wake up?
    I'm still laying me bed... about 1 minute after I wake I have this bad headaches... then I get up and I still have it until I eat or drink something.
    With my first, I was just really sick to my stomic in the morning.. lasted all through my pregnancy and I even had to take pills for the morning sickness. This pregnancy is very different already.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2009, 05:45 AM

Pregnancies can be so different... I had bad headaches for a short time with my third pregnancy but not with any of the others. Some headaches can be due to increased blood volume in pregnancy and changes in hormones. Could also be blood sugar levels since it clears once you eat or drink something. Blood pressure concerns can be a factor as well, usually later into pregnancy.
    Always a good idea to let your doctor or midwife be aware of it.
    kpangor Posts: 357, Reputation: 2

Feb 23, 2009, 05:54 AM

I delt with ridiculous headaches in my first 6 weeks also I just couldn't take it and most of the time concentrated on the right side of my head... its gone now [13 weeks pregnant]
    Good luck
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

Feb 24, 2009, 01:31 PM

With my second pregnancy I suffered from awful headaches. They went away after the first trimester. I was given pills for them because tylenol didn't help, but I can't remember what they were called.
    Tandah Posts: 67, Reputation: 5

Feb 26, 2009, 11:56 AM

Thank you so much for stories and advice :D
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2009, 12:06 PM

I have low blood sugar (Hypoglycemia)and frequently wake with a headache from overnight fasting.
    It it improved by eating.

As the expert here has stated(DoulaLC) it is always best to get your medical advice from your doc or midwife.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

35 weeks pregnant and headaches. [ 1 Answers ]

I am 35 weeks pregnant with second baby and the last few weeks have been having headaches. I have no swelling, no protein in my urine and no abdo pain. My midwife says that my blood pressure is up from booking from 100/50 to 118/72 but that this is OK and they will keep an eye on it. Is this...

Morning headaches? [ 16 Answers ]

I’ve been having headaches everyday for weeks when I wake up. The headaches last till noon, sometimes longer, and Tylenol isn’t helping. I think I’m sleeping well and I don’t think I’m depressed or stressed anymore than usual. I know I should go to the doctor, I just don’t want to. Dose anyone else...

9 weeks pregnant.morning sickness [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I just had a few questions. I'm nine weeks pregnant and I haven't been able to go to the doc yet. My first app is the 18( the soonest they could get me in). I know i.ve been feeling sick but I haven't thrown up just really tired and achy. What is normal? Is it different for everyone? Or am I...

Fevers, Headaches, and PREGNANT! [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I know I haven't been on here in a while but I have few questions. Back in September I found out I am pregnant. Well the past few weeks I have been running a fever and having really BAD headaches. I went to the doctor this past Wednesday about the fevers and they could not find any...

Pregnant? Missed period, always headaches. [ 1 Answers ]

I don't know how I could possibly be pregnant, but I have a feeling that I am. I've only had sex once in the past few months, and it was roughly two weeks ago. A condom was used, and he didn't finish inside of me. I wouldn't be questioning it, except my period is a few days late and lately I've...

View more questions Search