Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wolfgangqpublic Posts: 189, Reputation: 29
    -

Feb 22, 2009, 05:15 PM
    California Vol. disability tax
    Hi,

I know that, California disability tax = 0.8% tax of the earnings for the year 2008.

I am an F1 student on OPT from India. I have been in US for less than 5 years.

I am now filling the tax forms. The W2 forms I received from my employer doesn't include the California disability tax that got deducted from my pay checks.

I was wondering if I can claim a refund. Any forms to submit ?

Please let me know.
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Feb 22, 2009, 11:42 PM

CA SDI is not refundable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Disability/Taxes If you're on disability do I file taxes [ 2 Answers ]

If you're on disability do I file taxes

Should I file for s.s. Disability when I have private long-term disability insurance? [ 1 Answers ]

I will shortly begin collecting private long-term diability insurance to the tune of 60% of my former salary. Can I still apply for social security disability? If I do, would either or both of these be decreased?

Mom needs disability [ 7 Answers ]

My mom has Multiple Sclerosis and she hasn't been doing well for a while now. Struggles to walk and other daily functions. She has filed for disability about 3 times now and has been denied, on the fact that she hasn't worked (she was a stay at home mom with the kids). Which we know is a full time...

Teacher retirement disability and social security disability [ 1 Answers ]

I qualified for both teacher retirement disability and social security disability. I saw the quote (below) but I'm uncertain how or if it also applies to me. "If the disability comes from Social Security, it is tax free. If it comes from your employer, it IS taxable." Also, my son...

View more questions Search