Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeaniea Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2006, 10:16 AM
    Family Member Removal when Owner Not Living on Premises
    I have a situation where an elderly son, his daughter and grandson all live in his mother's home. She (age 90), however, hasn't lived there for 9 years. Every time she has asked him to move out so she can sell, he talks her out of it. Now she is serious because she needs to go into an assisted living home and desperately needs the money from the sale of the home. We're in California - how do we get they and their stuff out?? We'll probably need the police and I hear they won't get involved in "domestic disturbances," but will want some legal paperwork to comply.
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

Aug 19, 2006, 11:33 AM
    If there is no rent being paid and no utilities are in their names, they are not considered TENANTS even by CA standards.

They are unwanted "guests" and she can change the locks and keep them out.

She needs to leave/move-out, turn off the utilities and change the locks. If son, etc break in, have them arrested as tresspassers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Family Member Eviction [ 6 Answers ]

How Do You Go About Evicting A Family Member Who Has Never Paid Rent, And Does Not Want To Leave In The State Of Florida?

Evicting an adult family member [ 6 Answers ]

Tried to help a family member who was down to get back on his feet by giving him a room in my house for almost a year. Now he does not want to leave and makes threat. Gets violent at times. How do I go about getting him out? Your help is greatly appreciated. Babe3530

Eviction of family member [ 6 Answers ]

Can a family member (21 years old) be evicted from home (Virginia)... not contributing to the household, unemployed, not looking for work, stealing from the house.

? About getting a family member to move [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, My husband and I live in a single family home that is owned by his mother. She lives in an inlaw apartment over the garage. We pay her rent to live here. My husbands sister lives in the basement which is finished off and is supposed to be paying rent. Since my husband's father passed away...

Bad family member [ 11 Answers ]

Hi gang, You all know I'm an old retired dude with a quacky sense of humor sometimes. I have loved being here with all of you and helping people who ask for it.. I've come to see us all as family and I also know we sometimes disagree, and that's fine because we are all different with different...

View more questions Search