Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shani38 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2009, 03:45 PM
    Can someone give me good names for my characters?
    Okay so I'm writing a story but the names I picked suck.
    So can someone give me a good name. But there's a catch. They names have to have a specific meaning.

First name [boy]has to mean someone who has low temper control or is mean or cruel

Second name [girl]has to mean someone jealous or whinny

Third name [boy]has to mean someone who is very proud or stuck up

Fourth name [girl]has to mean flirty or something like flirty

Fifth name [boy]has to mean a person who is rich or greedy

Sixth name [boy]has to mean a person who eats a lot or has a lot of things

Seventh names [girl]has to mean sleep or lazy or dreamer

Now I know I'm asking a lot but at least answer one of the names
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 22, 2009, 03:51 PM

Sooo are you female or male ? What a lot of categories you have offered us, so many different ways to form a name. I can't imagine what I would accumulate right now, without knowing male or female ? Have to decide... hard ! Animal or reptile...
    bones252100 Posts: 253, Reputation: 29

Feb 22, 2009, 04:49 PM

1st = Simon (as in Simon Legree)
    2nd = Paris (as in Hilton)
    3rd = Victor (as in Queen Victoria)
    4th = Lola (as in Lolita)
    5th = Don (as in Trump)
    6th = George (as in Steinbrenner)
    7th = Shania (as in your login name)
    Expert

Feb 22, 2009, 11:26 PM

Hi bone, why would I be seeking personal information by inquiring female or male? I don't know what you mean by that. This appears to be a homework question and we have strict rules regarding homework. Anyway, if the OP is writing a story, then the responsibility lies in the OP to provide names for his characters, not us. I don't think 'advice' comes into play at all, so your disagree not does follow our guidelines either.

Ms tickle
    Shani38 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2009, 04:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    hi bone, why would I be seeking personal information by inquiring female or male? I dont know what you mean by that. This appears to be a homework question and we have strict rules regarding homework. Anyway, if the OP is writing a story, then the responsibility lies in the OP to provide names for his characters, not us. I dont think 'advice' comes into play at all, so your disagree not does follow our guidelines either.

ms tickle
    I'm sorry but this is not homework. I'm writing a story about the seven deadly sins. I'm forming them into character and I want to give them names, but I'm having writers block. I'm just asking for ideas so it can spark something inside my head. You can just give random names. I just want to an idea to what I'm going to name them.
    Expert

Feb 23, 2009, 05:29 PM

Come on Mr Bone. I want to know what you mean by 'trying to get personal information". I am a senior member for chrissake, why would I want to do that?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Names of some good novels by well known authors [ 7 Answers ]

I need some names of good inspirational novels by well known authors. Are they available on the net i.e. their free downloads as e-books?

Will this give me good results [ 1 Answers ]

7:00 am - lowfat yogurt 10:00 am - banana 1:00 pm - 20 baby carrots w/lite ranch dip and a serving of orange juice 4:00 pm - strawberries and 3/4 cup lowfat milk 6-7:00 pm - baked chicken and salad 8:00 or 9:00 pm I will use the treadmill for 45 minutes walking at 3.8 mph and run for a minute...

Finding a book title--I know plot, setting, characters names [ 2 Answers ]

So I'm trying to find a book I read about 15 years ago and I can't remember the author or the title. I believe it is a Silhouette Desire book. Most likely published in the 80's or early 90's. I know what the cover looked like--It was a man (I think on a lounge chair by the pool) with his wife...

Characters in file names for web use [ 1 Answers ]

I understand the space no-no. I'm replacing all spaces in file names with the underscore. I know the problem with caps too.. How about dashes? Are dashes OK? Are there any other standard US keyboard stuff that I should look for to replace with something else? Thanks!

View more questions Search