Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AislinnObsidian Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2009, 11:48 AM
    Which book should I buy?
    I know I ask a lot of questions, but I can't figure out which book on Wicca would be the best to buy. I haven't bought any others, so this would be the first book in my collection. I'm a beginner, so does anyone have a beginner's Wicca book that they could recommend?

I hear about Scott Cunningam's books a lot, as well as Silver Ravenwolf, but then I hear really bad things about Ravenwolf, so I'm not sure which to buy, or if I should get a completely different one.

.. help? :)
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Feb 24, 2009, 02:21 PM

My advice is to get a whole bunch of different books and see which ones speak to you. People do say bad things about Ravenwolf, and I hear all kinds of criticism about Starhawk's The Spiral Dance, but I think she makes some good points. It just goes to show you find fundamentalists, people who insist their way is the only way, in every religion.

Remember, if you find the Goddess anywhere you will find Her in your own heart. So no book, no other person, can trump that little guiding voice of the Lady inside you. Always listen to Her over what others say.

And also, the Goddess is Mother Earth, Mother Nature. The more time you spend outdoors the better. Learn from the ants and the spiders and the birds and animals and trees and stones and wind and water. Sleep outside without a tent (use bug spray, until you get good at the mosquito repellant spell) from time to time. Just sit and watch and listen. Watch the clouds and the stars. There is great wisdom in all these things, far more than any book made by human hands.

Blessings of the Lady of Life,

Alder

P.S. I'm serious about the mosquito spell. It isn't hard. You just ground and center, and draw up earth energy in a globe around you with the intention of letting mosquitos know they should look for food elsewhere.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is a good thesis statement with any book and another book or movie [ 2 Answers ]

Well do u have a good thesis stament for sny book and movie

Looking for book from The Weekly Reader Book Club, 60's or 70's, paperback, on WWI. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello All, I trying to find a book that I bought in the mid-60's from The Weekly Reader Book Club. I believe it was simply called World War I. It's a small paperback. There's pictures in the book, one of which is subtitled "Doughboys to the Front". In this photo is my grandfather. I loaned...

Weekly reader book order book from the 80's [ 5 Answers ]

OK, I am so frustrated! I had this book when I was in the 5th grade in the 80's, I'd say it was around 1985 or 1986. Anyway, I loved this book and I lost it when I was a kid and I would give ANYTHING to find it again! I got the book from the Weekly Reader book order in school. There was a girl...

I'm looking for this book. [ 1 Answers ]

Well, I was like in 6th grade, and I bought this book, and a week later it got thrown away. And I want to buy it again, but I don't remember the title. It's about a girl who's mother is an alcoholic and she stays in bed all the time, and the girl has a younger sister named Dani, who's mentally...

View more questions Search