Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    XhalfpintX Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2006, 07:11 AM
    Garnishment in Texas
    I have a judgement against me for a very large amount on an unsecured credit card. Can my checking account be frozen? Someone told me that the company can freeze my checking account. Is that true?
    Xhalfpintx
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 19, 2006, 09:23 PM
    Under Texas Law A judgement rendered by any court can freeze your bank accounts and be placed in receivership until by court order they are collected for a debt owed. Check out this site and see if you come to the same conclusion. While wages are exempt from garnishment as are some property, evidently bank accounts are not. Let us know. A good lawyer could be the way to go unless you have a real knack with legalese.

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/statutes/statutes.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Questions from Texas [ 7 Answers ]

I live in Texas and have credit card collector hounding me. Due to personal situation I wasn't able to make my minimum payment (paid what I could) for several months. Now it seems I owe as much on interest, late charges, etc. as I did the original amount about $15,000. Can't borrow, no...

If parents in Texas die without a will [ 8 Answers ]

I live in Texas and have one brother and one sister left living. I have one brother that has passed away. My questions is if my parents die without a will, will my brother children,the one that passed away,be entittled to anything?

F1 in Oklahoma-OPT in Texas-H1B in Texas [ 7 Answers ]

Hello all!!!:) First at all, this is a great forum! I've been reading a lot of posts, and they are very very useful. Now I got a question for the tax experts and non-experts too:p!! This is my case: I was studying and working as a Teacher Assistant in Oklahoma from 08.26.02 to 03.06.05....

Texas [ 1 Answers ]

Want to know what the song is called from the Texas video that starred Alan Rickman . Texas band with Sharlene Spiterri as lead.

View more questions Search