Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mystical82 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2009, 10:03 AM
    Missed Period - Negative HPT, light brown discharge
    Hi everyone, maybe some of you can give me some advice...

I am 26 years old and very healthy. My husband and I are Trying to conceive - I was on the pill for many years and I came off the pill in December 2008. January 2009 I got my period on time (28 day cycle) but this month I didn't get my period.

2 days before my period was supposed to start I had VERY light spotting, it was red but a very small amount, like 3 drops on my pantiliner. My period never came but I've had this light brown discharge everyday since my missed period. There is just a small amount of it but it hasn't cleared up.

It's already been 5 days since my missed period and I have taken a couple pregnancy tests in the morning and they came back negative. I had cramping the day I was supposed to get my period but now I just feel bloated. I've had really bad headaches that come and go... and a slight sensation in my nipples.

I don't understand going on... I've read that its possible to still be pregnant and the HPT don't detect it. I am confused, but I am not stressing out over this - I am just curious. I hope I am pregnant but I wish I knew.

Did anyone else have any of these symptoms and then found out they were pregnant? If not what was wrong?
    memotherof2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2009, 11:06 AM

I am in a similar position. I went off the nuvaring in December of 2008. I have had normal periods since then. My husband and I are trying to conceive. This month though I was due to start on Friday but still have not... I have had brown discharge every day since day 21 and have no clue what is going on? I took a pregnancy test back on day 24 which came out negative but haven't taken another one yet. I wish I had an answer for you.. let me know what you find out. Good luck!
    louise1200 Posts: 64, Reputation: 2

Feb 22, 2009, 02:45 PM

You both sound similar to me in a way, I was on the depro vera injection and I had a very strange period in December, nothing since, my doctor, family and friends think I'm pregnant, but three of mine have come bk negative, so my doctors getting me to do a blood test, although he did say if he had to bet on it, he would bet that I'm pregnant, I want to get excited as it would be my first, but I just can't let myself get my hopes up yet, its horrible I know, my mum was over two months when hers showed up. Oh and according to my doctor I'm seven weeks gone.
    mystical82 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2009, 03:38 PM
    So I just got my period right now! (thank g-d)

After posting this I noticed the discharge getting darker... and about an hour ago I got my period.

I guess the brown discharge I was having was just a build up to my period that came late.

I am not sure why it was late but I am happy it came because now I know what's going on.

Good luck to all of you!
    Sexyfreak Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2009, 01:03 PM
    I had sex a week ago got my period Friday it was brown and it's still brown why?

Aug 16, 2009, 01:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by louise1200 View Post
    you both sound similar to me in a way, i was on the depro vera injection and i had a very strange period in december, nothing since, my doctor, family and friends think im pregnant, but three of mine have come bk negative, so my doctors getting me to do a blood test, although he did say if he had to bet on it, he would bet that im pregnant, i want to get excited as it would be my first, but i just can't let myself get my hopes up yet, its horrible i know, my mum was over two months when hers showed up. oh and according to my doctor im seven weeks gone.
    Idk

Aug 16, 2009, 01:09 PM

SoMe one please help me
    ustasurfalot Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2009, 11:46 PM

Coming off the pill you are bound to have some irregularities. Be careful but relax. Give it time
    lindsey99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2010, 04:28 PM
    Hi,wow so I am having the same symptoms but I was never on the pill. I need advice because I really think I'm pregnant. I'm so confused!
    hypermom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2012, 07:55 PM
    Hello people... I am taking birth control pills for yers already and this month, I think I didn't do it exactly in a regular basis.I was like take tonight, the other night nope, I'll take 2 tablets instead.and sometimes, I can't remember If I already have taken a pill or not.One more thing, I always didn't take those inactive pill on my 28 day tablets.I had my LMP last week of May.Since then, I did not toake any pill at all.We had unprotected sex all the time until now, the second week of July, I had no menstruation.I tested but its NEGATIVE on July the first week.Now, is the end of the second week and I am having this light brown discharge... very unnoticeabl unless when wiped.Could I be pregnant (as we wanted) or I was just about to have my period? Can somebody answer me please...
    rrk28 Posts: 14, Reputation: -2

Sep 19, 2012, 03:03 AM
    Menses blood can be more than just red. It can be pink, red, faint or dark and at times look brownish. This is normal and can be considered a cycle.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missed period but releasing light brown/pink discharge [ 3 Answers ]

I suppose to have my period sometime around Feb. 17 (my period is irregular) and I'm very late. I've been releasing light brown discharge when I suppose to have my period and I just thought it was my old blood before my period but after 7 days I was still releasing brown discharge but sometime...

Missed period, Brown Discharge, Negative Pregnancy Test. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am 23 years old Married with one child (1 years old). I always get my period every 28 days maybe one day before or after but never longer then 2 days. After a couple of days of my missed period I had a brown discharge. At first I thought it could be my period but it never came. I now have...

1 negative. Test, brown-red discharge missed period [ 2 Answers ]

I am 16 years old, and I skipped my last period, I am always irratic with it but this time instead of having my period on the 20th of march I got a bloody brownish discharge coming from my body for 6 days, then it subsided but left behind an irony odor that still exists to date. I did have sex 2...

Missed period-dark brown cloating-negative results [ 1 Answers ]

We are trying to conceive, have been for the last 4 months. I usually have a 28-30 day cycle, this month 20 days after I started to have a dark brown discharge with small to medium size clots, with little cramping. It continued for 2 days. Should I be concerned? Is this break through bleeding? And...

View more questions Search