Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tezdebs Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2009, 05:02 AM
    Can anyone identify this painting?
    Hi, during a scene of the film "scoop", they quickly refer to a painting and then move on. My wife loves the painting and I am secretly trying to identify it so I can then obtain a copy if possible and surprise her for our forthcoming anniversary.

I have attached a screen shot and would be very grateful for any help you can give,

Regards
    Terry
    Attached Images

linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2009, 09:18 AM

What a thoughtful gift for your wife. :)

Perhaps you could contact the company that produced the film to ask for information about this painting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scoop_(2006_film)

Mar 12, 2009, 03:21 PM
    Hi

Tried the film company, the prop providers - nothing.

Anyone help or guide me in the right direction?

Regards
    Terry

Mar 31, 2009, 01:12 PM
    Sorry to bump this up but I have 3 weeks to my anniversary and this is getting both desperate and driving me bonkers!

Update, I have asked every museum I can find on the web, e-mailed every company who had anything to do with the movie and wrote a personal letter to Woody Allen himself!

Anyone fancy a nice bottle of wine for helping me find the answer?

Regards and thanks for looking
    Terry
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2009, 02:09 PM

Hi Terry! You wrote a letter to Woody Allen searching for the answer? That's incredible dedication. Painting or no painting, your wife is a very lucky woman. You are one romantic man.

I'm wondering if this artist might not be well known outside of smaller circles.

Have you considered trying to contact the parties responsible for set design?

Why not try to hire a painter to attempt a reproduction based on what you do have from the film? Even if the painting can't be ready in time, you might want to consider bringing your wife to the studio to surprise her with the work in progress.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2009, 02:06 AM

Hi, tezdebs!

Excellent thoughts and ideas there, linnealand!

It could also be a work that was done by an artist specifically for the film who could be hard to find because he or she might have been hired by someone other than those directly involved with the shooting of the film.

I like linnealand's idea of hiring someone to do a reproduction of it! You could edit and enlarge the image that you have, so that things could be seen better by a potential artist for a reproduction.

Just some thoughts...

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you identify this painting? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, We need help identifying a painting. It's from a 1973 movie called Brothers OToole. The painting was the prize for the Spitting Contest. Thank you so much! :) Pict.com - brothersotoole.jpg

Trying to identify painting [ 1 Answers ]

I can't make out the signature http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/13/l_1cb21bf7f45e4ebc94a556219f486386.jpg http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/49/l_42cb3269d8c842f2a10ef5bfabf1c5ea.jpg

Identify painting! [ 8 Answers ]

I need help identifying the artist and the origin of this painting. I have no ifnormation about it, but it seems to be very old. There are no signs and signatures on the painting as well as on the back side of it. Any information provided about the country of origin, the artist, the school and...

Trying to identify this painting! [ 4 Answers ]

Alrite, I know this is a long shot, but I am looking for a particular painting. Now, I can not tell you the name of the painting, nor the title, because I know neither, but I will try my best to descibe it. Basically, there are just a bunch of stairs. Some are closer, some farther away. This...

View more questions Search