Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brennengolly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2009, 09:16 PM
    Bare spot on my tongue
    My daughter, age 8, she has a blank spot about the size of a quarter on her tongue. She just went to the dentist for a cleaning and a filling in the last month and dentist said nothing about it. Did he not notice it or is it nothing to worry about? Please let me know! Thank you! :)
    Peanuts825 Posts: 27, Reputation: -2

Feb 22, 2009, 01:45 AM

Spots on the tongue are not right.. I would take her to doc and get her checked out
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2009, 07:00 AM

She probably has what is called geographic tongue. This is caused when papillae(the small bumps that cover the tongue) are missing. Nothing to worry about but I WOULD have the dentist diagnose it and let you know for sure. Call the office and ask if there were any notes made in your daughters' chart. If not, I'd ask him to take a quick look (at no charge to you) at her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Born with spot on the tongue [ 6 Answers ]

My son was born with a whitish-yellowish spot on his tongue. Its on the right side close to the tip of his tongue The Pediatrian wants him to go to a Dentist to see what it is. No one has ever heard of this before. It hasn't changed, but I can't find any information on it. Has anyone ever heard of...

Tongue Piercing, white tongue, ulcer spot? [ 3 Answers ]

Pierced it 5 days ago. Situated in front of the pierced hole, there is what appears to be an 'ulcer' type looking spot. Can anyone shed some light for me please?:(

Black spot on tongue [ 2 Answers ]

My friends husband has noticed a black spot on his tongue in the last couple of weeks. It doesn't hurt . She says it looks like a stain.He is worried about it.

Spot on tongue [ 1 Answers ]

My son is 6 months old and has had a spot on the top part of his tongue for about a week now. It was pretty small but is now about half the size of a dime. He has new teeth coming in on the top but the spot seems too far back and too far to the right for him to have made it from him biting himself....

View more questions Search