Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stilltryin2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2006, 06:23 PM
    Copper into plastic
    Hi iwas replacing my floor because it was rotting when I was cutting some of it up I got into my copper supply line for the shower how can I tie into it with plastic because my soldering job turned out to be a big waste of time. Thank you for your help
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2006, 08:06 PM
    How big of a cut did you make in the copper pipe. Thee are fittings that youcan use to repair the copper that does not involve soldering. How much pipe will ned to be replaced?
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2006, 08:13 PM
    If your soldering was a waste because of leaks, have you tried using oatey's 95 tinning flux? That, coupled with home depot's presoldered fittings has been a life saver for me. As in its like I can't get a leaking joint.

I know it hurts to cut out and buy more copper, but you should try the combo. Even just using the tinning flux on normal (non-presoldered) fittings has worked fantastically. The only thing I dislike is you really need to wipe the pipes down after, as the flux leaves an oily, greasey residue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing from copper to plastic water lines [ 2 Answers ]

Hi All, I am trying to move the water supply lines for the bathroom so that I can begin framing a bathroom in the basement. The water lines are going right across the bottom of the floor joists where I need to put up the headers for the walls so I need to move them. My brother in law was...

Plastic surgery [ 2 Answers ]

I have been doing a lot of research on plastic sergery in Brazil. The dr. I have been talking to seems really great but I don't know him and Brazil is a long ways from the U.S.A. I have seen his before and after pictures and they look amazing and I have done a lot of work in losing 140 lbs and I...

Plastic moulding [ 6 Answers ]

What are the bits of plastic that are cut off and disgarded after the moulding process? I think it's a word like scree or scrag?

Mortar bed for a plastic tub? [ 0 Answers ]

What is the SOP for putting a simple mortar bed under a plastic tub? This unit does not require one ( a Sterling Ensemble 32") but someone recommended that for a firmer underfoot feel I should "throw down a sheet of plastic, mix up a bag of mortar and just set the tub on it". Does this sound...

Plastic and Copper pipe connections [ 1 Answers ]

Help... I am trying to replace a kitchen faucet. The copper water supply pipe is connected to a plastic shut-off valve. I want to replace the plastic shut-off valve with a metal valve. The plastic shut-off valve will not come off the copper water supply pipe. How do I get this off? I tried...

View more questions Search