Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    djferry Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2009, 12:24 PM
    Convert vista to xp
    How I can convert vista to xp on sata hardisc ?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2009, 12:36 PM

You would need a version of XP with sata drivers to install

There are some around but don't know where, that is legal

Hopefully others will add to this to help out

But when you get the sata drivers all situated, steps below:

How to Format Drive and Install Windows from Scratch
    Geek to Live: How to format your hard drive and install Windows XP from scratch
    Dragonfire24 Posts: 105, Reputation: 3

Mar 6, 2009, 06:45 AM
    Doesn't XP work fine with sata hard drives as-is without drivers? I built my computer myself and I have a sata hdd in it. I didn't have to install any special drivers.

I think the bigger issue here would be making sure that the rest of your hardware would support xp. You could always contact the manufacturer of your PC. They should be able to help you with the downgrade.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to convert photo CD from Window Xp to Vista [ 2 Answers ]

I have a photo cd made on Windows XP and would like to convert it to a/vista file to view on Windows Vista.

Vista gets error message that "vista has timed out" while trying to back-up [ 2 Answers ]

This machine has been doing this for over a month and I can't solve the problem. When I attempt to back-up disk onto external drive I get the meesage that back-up is not complete because Vista has timed-out.

Iso convert to mp4 [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to convert avi or iso farmat to MP4 formt would anyone know what is the best and easy solfware to do it. Please help. Thanks:mad:

Convert vista file to xp [ 6 Answers ]

I'm new to computers.I have new laptop on vista.pc on xp.tried to take file to PC via flash drive.wont read it.characters altered.does the file name have to be changed or...

To Vista or not to Vista that is a question... [ 9 Answers ]

Does your machine have what it takes to run Windows Vista. Find out HERE with this excellent online tool. (ActiveX is needed for this test) Now personally I will be running Vista on a test box. Hey I've got to at least try and break it, but there is no way it will be on any of my live machines...

View more questions Search