Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Baffled1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2009, 11:29 AM
    SSI fraud
    Is it possible for someone who has been in this country for 3 years to collect SSI disability because of diabetes? This person does not take insulin, just tablets.

Thank you
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 21, 2009, 11:42 AM

What about their illness keeps them from holding a job, I have known dozens of people who takes shots daily an still hold regular jobs.
    Baffled1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2009, 10:15 PM

I as well know people with much more serious conditions which do not stop them from working. My concern is that this person is taking advantage of the system and I am wondering how this can be challenged? Can I report the individual to Social Security without disclosing my name? This person uses all sort of means to gain money illegally. Including recruiting family members that forge checks, but somehow the bunch gets away with it (and some are illegal). They have also threatened neighbors and yet the police are not helpful. It seems that they have more rights then law-abiding citizens.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2009, 02:09 PM

You do not have to reveal your identify when calling them up. If they have only been here in this country legally for 3 years I really don't see how they could be reveiving disability for diabetes. Something is not right there. Have you actually seen anything paperwise that shows they are receiving SSI money or is it just their big mouth talking?

Also if they are forging checks why hasn't the police gotten involved as forgery is illegal. If these people are illegal aliens, try calling ICE and reporting them.

Otherwise, don't bother them and leave them alone if you feel that they might retaliate against you (which is highly unlikely).

The police won't do anything about the threats. The police will only act if the person or their property is actually injured or damaged. It's not that they don't want to help, they have nothing to charge the other person with. Making threats nowadays does not get a person arrested. Only if they actually do bodily injury or damage property does it count.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Insurance Fraud/Advance commission fraud [ 10 Answers ]

I'm sure this post with be confusing to some of you but any advice would be greatly appreciated. I was hired back in October of 2005 as an independent contractor selling life insurance policies. One of my clients that I sold a policy to mentioned that she had a few family members that were...

Tax fraud [ 2 Answers ]

Some one has claimed my friends child on their taxes for the second year and she has no clue who it is or what can be done on her part to reverse this and insure that this does not happen again.

SSI fraud? [ 8 Answers ]

My neighbors wife/mother has been in the hospital since January. They have been collecting her SSI as well as the fathers (he lives in the house). He is too old and sick to do anything about anything. The son and his girlfriend and her three babies live there as well. The girlfriend spends all the...

Ssi fraud [ 4 Answers ]

My question is, my wife is the durable power of attorney for her mom. She is in a nursing is it legal for my wife to use her moms ssi money for her own personal gain, can she write checks to her self and then sigb her moms name

View more questions Search