Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2009, 07:33 AM
    Condescending Jackass?
    Press Secretary Robert Gibbs responding to Joe Santelli. The dude talks too much, not to mention his perception of the content. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13XGB...eature=channel
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 21, 2009, 07:49 AM

Whooo, for a monment I thought you were talking about me
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2009, 08:22 AM

Hello George:

Yeah, that NBC. They really LOVE Obama like O'Reilly says. I'll bet Santelli's leg was tingling.

The problem is, Santelli and his ilk don't live in neighborhoods where the house next door is foreclosing. He probably doesn't know anybody who is having trouble paying their mortgage.

Let it be known that I trust Obama more than those within the financial markets.

To call fellow Americans “losers” as he did, has he actually met the millions of families thrown out of their homes due to predatory lending practices by those within the financial markets? Did he equally explode when the CEOs of various banks walked away with billions of our tax dollars through the first TARP bailout? Nahhh, he didn't.

When he said that the government was “promoting bad behavior” through this mortgage rescue package…To witness CEOs spend our billions through the first TARP package on various junkets while Americans suffered at their hands is the true bad behavior. I didn't hear him then.

In his diatribe he challenged the president to have citizens vote on whether they approve of this package where he stated, “to reward people who can carry the water instead of drink the water" Well, Mr. Santelli those on Wall Street drank our tax dollars through the first TARP package using buckets. In fact, they literally became drunk and the hangover is still being felt by all of us.

Those who did vote for Obama did so on by a 54% margin. They trusted him over John McCain, the candidate Santelli voted for as he admitted on yesterday's Hardball. You know, the candidate who stated that the “fundamentals of our economy are strong” My guess in Santelli's world, those who own multiple homes are to be heralded, and those who at least try and make their mortgages are seen as 'losers'.

excon
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2009, 09:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    When he said that the government was “promoting bad behavior” through this mortgage rescue package…To witness CEOs spend our billions through the first TARP package on various junkets while Americans suffered at their hands is the true bad behavior. I didn't hear him then.

excon
    You're a wise fellow, excon. But there's a vast difference between CEO's blowing money and the government blowing it. BTW, how'd you find out what happened to the first TARP? I haven't heard a word. Your liberal pals in Congress could've blocked all of it, if they had wanted to.

Hey: let's put in a good word for FOX for doing what it should be doing; why isn't the White House interested in disclosing this information, anyway? FOX Business Wins FOIA Lawsuit Against Treasury
    http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/mar...suit-treasury/
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2009, 01:16 PM

The present White House Press Secretary needs to pull over to the side of the road and change the air in his head.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2009, 01:56 PM
    I'll ask it again. Why should renters ;especially those who have been playing by the rules ;sacrificing ,saving money to have a traditional down payment ,be asked to bail out homeowners who went in over their head?

Oh I guess we can excuse them for being duped by those "predators" (HUD) because perhaps they did not read the fine print. Why not ? Congress didn't read the fine print before they passed the bucket list !
    But the solution of plundering from the renters hard earned money and giving it to the unreliable ;who will most likey default anyway is a bitter pill to pay.

Santelli was against the bailout of the fat cats also . He was voicing a growing outrage and if you are not happy with this messenger
    Wait a while .There are plenty of John Galts in this country.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Feb 21, 2009, 10:23 PM

EX

Trust in Obama:

What has he ever run or managed?

Oh a campaign funded "voluntarily"?

Is he going to have us "voluntarily" spread the wealth?

How about the 60 or so million he was in charge of with the Annenburg project - did that result in higher academic achievement?

So rather than letting supply and demand determine the price and availability of goods and services you want Obama to run that for you?

What's next a 5 year plan?

G&P

G&P
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2009, 06:26 AM

Hello in:

Where did I say I trust Obama or that I support his plan?

You need to read my words better.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search