Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    franc658 Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Aug 21, 2008, 02:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by toneware
    My wife and I went to her final Immigration (Green card) interview in April, here in NYC. She got her restrictions lifted at that time. Within two weeks of that appt, she threw me out of the bedroom and told me that she wanted a divorce. Interestingly enough, when I asked her if she was worried about her green card, she told me that she didn't need me for that anymore.

During the three years that we have been married, she has refused to open any joint bank accts with me (she finally agreed to open a joint checking right before the last interview, but she never put a penney into it.), and she refused to have any children with me. I paid all the bills, and she put her earnings into her own bank accounts, which are now mysteriously empty.

I think she married me for a green card. What can I do? I want to get out of this sham of a marriage. She is promising me an expensive fight in divorce court if I don't agree to a legal separation (a year-long process in NY state) and then an uncontested divorce after the year is up.

I don't want anything from her except to get out! What can I do? Will INS/DHS do anything?
    Yea bro let ins know what happened they will revoke her green card deport her for fraud and ones she is deported you will have no problem divorcing her to me divorcing is a life time step. She mast that up for u no mercy cause she had none
    dumped4russian Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2009, 07:01 PM
    My exhusband met his Russian bride online 3 years ago and dumped me after 15 years of marriage. He was (at the time) 45 and she was 19 or 20. Unbeknown to me, they began communicating via email and snail mail (he worked out of state and had a Texas address).

She seduced him for about 8 months with sickeningly sweet cards and sent him naked (naked not nude... they were completely tasteless) pictures of herself. He filed for a divorce 8 months after "meeting" her. He then met her in St. Petersburg and took her to Spain, Prague, and Egypt.

In April, 2008, he brought here here on an "engagement visa" and despite warnings from me (I was the bitter ex-wife, of course) and his friends, he married her in June, 2008.

After that, she refused to go to his family reunion (they're newlyweds! Don't newleyweds do everything together?) The first "conversation" I had with her, she told my ex that I had called her a "b**ch" which was a lie. I never met her in person and only talked to her twice on the phone. The first week of December, 2008, she whined that she wanted to go back to Russia for the Christmas holidays (Christmas there is January 7 so why not wait and celebrate your new husband's holiday with him on December 25?), so he sent her for a "visit."

My ex then came home for Christmas and we had some heart-to-heart conversations. He was going broke (I wonder why) He didn't want his wife to come back from Russia. He wanted me and my boyfriend to help move him from Texas.

How do I know about the cards and pictures? My ex committed suicide on December 30 and I found them in his belongings. The wife didn't come back when she found out he died. She didn't come for his memorial. She stayed in Russia, celebrated her Christmas, then came back on January 9, 2009.

Our son is his only heir because he never made a new will after they were married. She has some spousal rights under Texas law. I went to Texas January 17, 2009 to get everything entitled to my minor son, which was pretty much everything in the house. She left a key and the security code for me, then called the police and said I was burglarizing the house. (False police report?? )

She complained to her lawyer that I had stolen some of her property and destroyed some other property. Another lie. (I had found the pictures and cards in the trash, all torn up, and I pieced them back together.) Then she claimed I was depriving her of her spousal rights and locked her out of the house. Yet, more lies.

Now, January 29, 2009 she's claiming I took $2000 in cash from the house. She had her friends in the house the day after my husband died, looking for insurance papers and a will. She was in the house with her friends from Jan 9 - 17 rifling through his papers and took all his financial records. I was there from Jan 17-20 and now 9 days later she's claiming I stole cash.

The worst claim that she's making is that my husband abused her. The biggest, most nauseating lie ever. And he can't defend himself. He was so happy with her that he shot himself in the head. Now she's my problem. I want her sent back to Russia with fraud charges so she can't return and destroy another family. I didn't find out that he was seeing her during our marriage until after he died in case you're wondering if I was the bitter ex-wife. I've also been in an extremely happy relationship for 2 years.

So, men, if you think you want a young, sexy Russian wife, think again. I could cost you more than your savings account.
    dumped4russian Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2009, 07:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dumped4russian View Post
    My exhusband met his Russian bride online 3 years ago and dumped me after 15 years of marriage. He was (at the time) 45 and she was 19 or 20. Unbeknown to me, they began communicating via email and snail mail (he worked out of state and had a Texas address).

She seduced him for about 8 months with sickeningly sweet cards and sent him naked (naked not nude...they were completely tasteless) pictures of herself. He filed for a divorce 8 months after "meeting" her. He then met her in St. Petersburg and took her to Spain, Prague, and Egypt.

In April, 2008, he brought here here on an "engagement visa" and despite warnings from me (I was the bitter ex-wife, of course) and his friends, he married her in June, 2008.

After that, she refused to go to his family reunion (they're newlyweds! don't newleyweds do everything together?) The first "conversation" I had with her, she told my ex that I had called her a "b**ch" which was a lie. I never met her in person and only talked to her twice on the phone. The first week of December, 2008, she whined that she wanted to go back to Russia for the Christmas holidays (Christmas there is January 7 so why not wait and celebrate your new husband's holiday with him on December 25?), so he sent her for a "visit."

My ex then came home for Christmas and we had some heart-to-heart conversations. He was going broke (I wonder why) He didn't want his wife to come back from Russia. He wanted me and my boyfriend to help move him from Texas.

How do I know about the cards and pictures? My ex committed suicide on December 30 and I found them in his belongings. The wife didn't come back when she found out he died. She didn't come for his memorial. She stayed in Russia, celebrated her Christmas, then came back on January 9, 2009.

Our son is his only heir because he never made a new will after they were married. She has some spousal rights under Texas law. I went to Texas January 17, 2009 to get everything entitled to my minor son, which was pretty much everything in the house. She left a key and the security code for me, then called the police and said I was burglarizing the house. (False police report???)

She complained to her lawyer that I had stolen some of her property and destroyed some other property. Another lie. (I had found the pictures and cards in the trash, all torn up, and I pieced them back together.) Then she claimed I was depriving her of her spousal rights and locked her out of the house. Yet, more lies.

Now, January 29, 2009 she's claiming I took $2000 in cash from the house. She had her friends in the house the day after my husband died, looking for insurance papers and a will. She was in the house with her friends from Jan 9 - 17 rifling through his papers and took all his financial records. I was there from Jan 17-20 and now 9 days later she's claiming I stole cash.

The worst claim that she's making is that my husband abused her. The biggest, most nauseating lie ever. And he can't defend himself. He was so happy with her that he shot himself in the head. Now she's my problem. I want her sent back to Russia with fraud charges so she can't return and destroy another family. I didn't find out that he was seeing her during our marriage until after he died in case you're wondering if I was the bitter ex-wife. I've also been in an extremely happy relationship for 2 years.

So, men, if you think you want a young, sexy Russian wife, think again. I could cost you more than your savings account.
    I should add, they need to be married for 2 years for a green card, with some exceptions. One of the exceptions is abuse. When she called my mother-in-law, the first thing she said was my ex had her green card information - please send it as soon as possible. No condolences. Nothing. And she wanted his camera and cell phone. Didn't want his wedding ring though.

Another lie - I was sending her harassing emails. I sent her 1 email, expressing my sympathy and concern over the "friends" that were in the house.
    cohibakid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2009, 02:28 AM
    Almost all of these "Russian Brides" end up in divorce. They are here for one reason a "Green Care". Yes the lure is attractive, they are very beautiful. The first year is great they do everything with you, after they get their first green card with conditions things change, no more going out with you, hours on computer, hanging out with friends until 3:00AM. Blatently cheating on you, they have their card they don't care anymore. Once you see them on the computer for hours it is over. When all they do is hang out with their Russian friends it is over. Only do it if you plan on being with them for 3 years, it is a heartbreak. I went through it and do not recommend it to anyone. In the end you realise you were married to someone for three years who was just using you, a very empty feeling. They know all of the laws so beware.
    oceans11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2010, 08:50 PM
    It's not only women who do this. I married a man who was from South America, then was living in the states for about 5 years before I met him (I met him from his sister when he cam to our state to visit her). He came to the states legally, then his work visa ran out and he appied for an extension-denied. When I first met him, I did not know he was here illegally. It was about 4 months into our relationship, he told me he wasn't legal. But our relationship continued, then what I now see as the "grooming" process started. Saying he was ready to settle down, he would move to my state, wouldn't rush me into anything, would study here, etc. so 8 months later we were married. Every time he needed a new forn signed he'd be on his best behavior. Now he is up or citizenship, and didn't even tell me he sent his form in, of course he didn't, I don't need to sign anything. I am sure he listed my address the same as his since you have to have lived with the spouse for 3 years. We have been married for 3 years, but did not live together for 3 years, and are not currently living together. He knows he doen't need me anymore, he got his way unless they investigate carefully. I would like to tip them off, but don't need to get accused of fraud. I threatened his in the past that I was suspicious of he he'd tell me if I fu?% w/ him he would fu?% w/me. When I signed his form last Jan to get the condition for residency removed he said how he wanted to stay together and the state we lived didn't matter. Last October he informed me he would move back to his state this year (I can come if I want to). The weather is better there and college tuition is cheaper. How convenient, if I knew he didn't plan to stay here I would've never signed the form last Jan. This is so degrading and these people don't realize or even care what they do to peoples self esteem. He feel this was a fraud, told me we would buy a house, he would finish his law degree here (he was a lawyer in S.A.), the place didn't matter as long as we had each other. He would tell me we counldn't afford a house, sure we can, it's just he cannot get up and go like he can with an apartment. He misrepresented himself, and this sure does feel like abandonment. They have no conscience and deseve to rot
    Thica Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2010, 04:41 AM
    I hope you can get your divorce soon. She has shown her true color. I think you but not the INS that can kick her out. But she may try to do it with other US guy... watch out Guys!
    harold2222 Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Nov 29, 2010, 07:14 PM
    Yes they are good just for using you
    Shull Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2010, 07:13 PM
    Comment on fed up's post
    Yeah. About 30% of 300,000 K1 marriages turn out to be insincere attempts for the Green Card.

Dec 31, 2010, 07:15 PM
    Comment on fed up's post
    Very true pal.

Dec 31, 2010, 07:16 PM
    Comment on meshuryan's post
    Got that right again!

Dec 31, 2010, 07:20 PM
    Comment on miamisuntan's post
    How did you get out of the marriage? Divorce or annulment?
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Dec 31, 2010, 09:13 PM

Shull,

You may not get a response, the last posting was over four years ago. If you have a question, post it.
    lucemar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2011, 03:09 PM
    Similar situation, only a guy just lied stated was all ready a citizen, when we got married he stated was processing his citizenship. Now I'm in the process of contacting INS to see what can be done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Immigration fraud? [ 11 Answers ]

Where can I write to find out the status of an immigration fraud complaint I turned in in Las Vegas, Nevada immigration dept. All I want to know is if they received the papers I sent regarding this fraud.. Anybody know? Email me

I have a question regarding Immigration Fraud and Divorce [ 5 Answers ]

First of all I'm not sure if this is fraud. However, I have a friend who married a guy from overseas over 10 years ago. He became a US citizen nearly 3 years ago. Then his parents came here recently. Once they came they gave him the idea to divorce my friend and marry someone else from overseas...

Immigration fraud? [ 2 Answers ]

27 years ago, my friend immigrated in the United States through her parents. She was 23 years old and a college graduate. Little did we know that she married her boyfriend secretly before going to the United States and for some reason unknown to us, she did not keep in touch with him and later...

Reporting immigration fraud [ 3 Answers ]

If you know of Immigration fraud that is going on in Cincinnati Ohio can anyone tell me with whom I would report it to? I have tried various numbers and they are either disconnected or only computer voiced. Thx

View more questions Search