Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aggiefung Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2009, 10:45 PM
    Smelly Bathroom
    I have a nasty smell in my bathroom. The sink is fine. I don't know if it's the toilet or the shower? I tried all the remedies, using bleach and hot water to clean the pipes and using gallons of bleach in the toilet tank to disinfect and kill bacteria. Nothing is working! What do I do now? I'm worried that my family is breathing in toxic air... please help!
    emmasue Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2009, 03:16 PM

Have you checked your p-flap?
    aggiefung Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2009, 09:47 PM
    I have checked every nook and device in this bathroom!
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2009, 10:22 PM

If this is a slab concrete house and the bathroom is down stairs you may have a sewer leak at the wax ring on the toilet that's getting into the concrete. It may be a brake in the sewer line under the concrete.

Smell the water overflow in the sick and bathtub. That's the part that drians the sink if you leave the water on and drain plugged If the smell is from there then they need bleached. I use a turkey baster to flush that. Or you can take off the sick trap and put a rag in there above bucket and fill up the waste and overflow.

Try this and get back

Signed 21 Boat

If I Helped To Answer Your Question Please Rate My Answer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smelly Bathroom [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have been leaving with a nasty sewage smell in my bathroom for the past two weeks. It is a smell isolated to my master bathroom, but that is so strong it will move the smell to my bedroom and at certain times of the night, my family room. The second bathroom is fine. When it first...

Smelly Basement Bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

Our six year old basement bathroom, consisting of one sink, one toilet, and one shower has a continual sewer smell. It is especially strong in the summer and especially at the shower. This bathroom is not used much, mostly on the weekends. We have tried deodorizers which seem to help...

Smelly bathroom [ 2 Answers ]

Our downstairs bathroom has a awful smell coming from it. The smell doesn't exist in any of the upstair bathrooms. Our house is under 2 years old. The wax seal been replaced under the toilet and yet the smell still exists. Any other ideas what may be causing this odor?

Smelly bathroom [ 2 Answers ]

I keep my bathroom extremely clean. It's a full bath, regular size with bathtub. I clean everyday and I am the only user. However, about a month ago until now, I smell urine from the toilet area, every time I enter the bathroom. Each time I use, I clean with Clorox again, and the next time I enter...

View more questions Search