Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ahcould Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2009, 07:28 PM
    Collect data into 2 combo boxes from data in an access table
    I have two combo boxes. When the form loads the db connection opens a recordset that selects all the data from the retaillocations table. When you choose the region (0-4), that number loads into a text box and the Contacts load into the forst combo box. Now I want to select only the Name based on the Contact selected for that particular record, but I cannot for the life of me remember how to do that. This is a VB6 question BTW.

Jim
    Micromax Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2011, 04:09 PM
    Hi,

I think you just want the ContactName. So the properties for the combobox should be like this:
    Record Source SELECT ContactID, ContactName FROM tableName ORDER BY ContactName;

Bound Column 1
    Column Count 2
    Column Width 0",1.5" 0 to hide the first column ContactID.

I hope this helps.

Rob

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inserting Data To Access From DataGridView [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm trying to build an application where the user could enter data in a datagridview and the it should be inserted into an Access Database (or to SQL Server which ever you will advise me to use) I know who to create a DataSet, I tried creating a new DataTable in the dataset and bind that...

How to organize data so a programmer can access [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I need to develop a software/DLL that give user prior notice of an upcoming holiday events in whatever country/locality they are located in. Bear in mind the following issues, There are: a) approx 195 countries/states in the world b) on average each country has about 10-15 holidays per...

How to access data after lightning strike? [ 5 Answers ]

After a lightning strike, my brother's computer has been left unusable. He took it to a computer repair shop who said the motherboard is probably faulty and they gave him a quote to repair it. However, the computer is 4 years old and he'd been wanting to get a new one anyway. So rather than...

Self-referenced table in Oracle 9i database for huge amounts of data [ 5 Answers ]

Hello! I'm designing a database (Oracle 9i) for payments registration system, obviously it will hold a VERY big amount of data, which is going to be changing constantly. There are so called “list payments”, which have several beneficiaries bound to it, additionally for transferring money to some...

View more questions Search