Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Amythest Posts: 98, Reputation: 6

Aug 18, 2006, 05:00 AM
    Symbolism of water, biblical, and in literature
    Latetly I have noticed How fascinated I am with water, and I was wondering what religios symbolism has been placed in/ about water. Dreams or anything really. IT has the strangest amounts of calming to where I can just see a picture of water and all my anger seems to melt. Like it washes away with rushing of water. So I am wondering if I can get some help.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2006, 12:51 PM
    In Christianity, water symbolizes cleansing and purity. Check out these articles from the Catholic Encyclopedia:
    1. http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07432a.htm
    2. http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15564a.htm
    Amythest Posts: 98, Reputation: 6

Aug 18, 2006, 02:38 PM
    Ty
    softballqt519 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2007, 02:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Amythest
    Latetly I have noticed How fascinated I am with water, and I was wondering what religios symbolism has been placed in/ about water. Dreams or anything really. IT has the strangest amounts of calming to where i can just see a picture of water and all my anger seems to melt. liek it washes away with rushing of water. so I am wondering if i can get some help.
    I believe that God has given us water as a symbolism of LIFE! It helps us survive.
    lilliandiana Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

Mar 24, 2007, 05:53 AM
    Water also symbolizes a return to our original nature (early life began in water) and rebirth. I have the same feeling around water--calming and a sense of freedom. In my case, it is because I was born near the ocean and now live in the mountains some 300 miles away. Were you born near the ocean?
    douglasj Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2007, 04:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Amythest
    Latetly I have noticed How fascinated I am with water, and I was wondering what religios symbolism has been placed in/ about water. Dreams or anything really. IT has the strangest amounts of calming to where i can just see a picture of water and all my anger seems to melt. liek it washes away with rushing of water. so I am wondering if i can get some help.
    Some help: a. Water cannot be destroyed. Jesus said "I am that living water"
    St. John 3:00 "Unless a man is born of "water" and spirt he cannot see the kingdom.
    I was also born near the ocean.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brand new water heater: Starts hot, then water gets cold after few seconds [ 9 Answers ]

We just moved into a brand new condo which has its own water heater. We went to take a shower this morning and the first few seconds of the shower were very hot, then it went cold after 10 seconds. We tried again after half an hour, same thing. There was enough hot water for my husband to shave but...

Can one shut off water main valve but leave gas hot water tank on? [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know if I go away for two days and shut my main water shutoff valve can I leave my gas hot water tank on. I saw two answers To a similar question and one answer said you can leave it on and the other Said you had to shut it off. I am confused now as to whether I can leave the gas...

Biblical Baseball Team [ 6 Answers ]

undefined :confused: I am searching for a story that I heard several years ago and can't for the life of me remember more than a couple things about it. I know it was very funny and had been told to some church youth at a gathering. The story is about a baseball team made up of Biblical...

Literature [ 3 Answers ]

Trivia: What book did the author himself have to pay to have published? Walden, by Thoreau, Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman, Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce, or The Wasteland by T.S. Eliot?

View more questions Search