Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marielavsqz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2009, 08:25 PM
    Where can I go to evaluate son if he is gifted?
    I have a 2nd grader son he is 8 years old and he is attending to private school. My son always complaint that he gets bored in class and he finish his class work first than all the classmates. My son have 90 and 100 in all his exams. Also my son is very smart. When he have test he not even study and he get great scores. Please can anyone tell me how can I start the process to see if my son can skip grade?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 19, 2009, 08:46 PM

Check with the school, they can give him the standardised 3rd grade test at the end of the school year and see how he scores to see if it is worth moving him ahead a grade.
    ** since there will be some material lacking, extra tutoring will need to be done in some subjects if this happens.
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2009, 11:40 AM

You could have your son's IQ tested.

Your son might be bright, but you should consider that not all children who get bored and earn good grades are exceptionally gifted.

Even if he does turn out to be gifted, having him skip a grade would not necessarily be to his benefit. What's the rush? You need to consider the social implications of this move as much as you consider its intellectual implications.

There are plenty of things you can do as a parent to challenge him intellectually.

You can also speak with your school to find out if there are any gifted programs available to him. Ultimately, your son's school will decide if they will even allow him to skip a grade. You will have to speak with them to discuss his options.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Evaluate the following limit. [ 1 Answers ]

Evaluate the following limit:- xlnx where (x approuch to 0) I tried to answer this question by l'hopital rule and got 1 as the answer... is it correct? please need to know if I solved it correctly or not :confused:and how to...

Evaluate the following integral [ 1 Answers ]

e^2x (1+e^2x)^3 dx in front to the "e" is the "s" like sign

Evaluate the following integral [ 1 Answers ]

1. 32(x^2+1)^7 dx in front to the bracket is the "s" like sign at the top is 1 and at the bottom 0 thank you

Evaluate formulas [ 6 Answers ]

evaluate: x^2+y^3 if x=2 y=-3 4+-27=-23 -------------------- pm^2-z^3 if p=1 m=-4 z=-2 (1)(-4^2)-(-2)^3=(1)(16)-(-8)=16+8=24 ------------------------------------- -x^2-y^3 if x=-3 y=-2 -3^2-2^3 -9-8=-17

View more questions Search