Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KatieLynn_31892 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2009, 08:22 PM
    Stunts for young cheerleaders
    I reciently started teaching a cheerleading class at my dance school. My school county is ground bound so we can't stunt. Does any body have any ideas of some stunt I can use for cheerleaders who vary in ages from 6-11? Age 6 being flyers? :confused::confused:
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2009, 08:27 PM

Are you guys able to do thigh stands? There is also a cute semi-stunt that takes 3 three girls; the flyer holds the shoulders of the base while the spotter holds one of the legs of the flyer. The flyers toes should be pointed and the other leg held up.

Feb 19, 2009, 08:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rankrank55 View Post
    Are you guys able to do thigh stands? There is also a cute semi-stunt that takes 3 three girls; the flyer holds the shoulders of the base while the spotter holds one of the legs of the flyer. The flyers toes should be pointed and the other leg held up.
    Yes we are able to do any stunts at the dance school. My high school is ground bound so I have no idea about any types of stunts. These young cheerleaders are able to do any forms of stunts.
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2009, 08:39 PM

Ok I understand your question more clearly now! Alrighty then, they could probably start with thigh stands and should sits. Once beginner stunts are mastered you could move on to elevators, shoulders stands, etc. How advanced are they?

Feb 19, 2009, 08:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rankrank55 View Post
    Ok I understand your question more clearly now! Alrighty then, they could probably start with thigh stands and should sits. Once beginner stunts are mastered you could move on to elevators, shoulders stands, etc. How advanced are they?
    Some are more advanced than others. Some can already do basket tosses but not from a full extension. And I have one young girl who is afraid of heights. I also have a boy cheerleader who is about 11 and fairly strong. So it's somewhat of a variety.
    cheerhard11 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2010, 11:30 AM
    Im thinking you're probably a little better now that its be een a while, But Like you can do one legs but at half extensions, have the flyers pull positions in halfs

ttcheer3 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2010, 10:32 AM

You could always do a half or a thigh stand- try them in a thigh stand on 1 foot - lots of mini teams do those- try basket tosses - they probably won't get them thst high yet but they're cute... and maybe if they have enough balance try them standing on one foot in a half(half lib)
    loverbaby Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2010, 11:37 AM
    Try hard with the stunts

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is 18 too young? [ 9 Answers ]

Okay the thing is..is that I'm leaving for marine bootcamp on september 8th. And My boyfriend leaves for coast guard bootcamp on september 25th. He wants to get married so bad and I want to but I dont know if I'm too young. I don't feel like its a mistake and I just dont want my family to be like...

Cheerleading Stunts [ 3 Answers ]

OKay so I'm flying in cheer stunts this year. Im kind of scared. I want to be a goood flyer. Any tips?

How young is too young when it comes to your virginity? [ 41 Answers ]

This girl who's interested in me recently told me that she lost hers at 14.The legal age here is 16.Im not sure whether to be put off by this because it seems a bit young. She said she's never had sex after that but that's not the point.woulnt care if she's a virgin or not but not sure if I should...

Is 19 too young? [ 17 Answers ]

I'm 19 years old and I've been with my boyfriend for 2 years. Everyone says that 19 is too young to get married, but I think it's more of a matter of how well you get along and if you could stand spending the rest of your life with that person. Could I get some help here?

View more questions Search