Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nestorian Posts: 978, Reputation: 152

Feb 26, 2009, 06:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cozyk View Post
    Ok, try this one, it's older, way more up beat, and super hapy.

I love Right Back Where We Started From and I like that other song by Oliver and Co too. I love so many kinds of music from different eras. My MP3 has 526 songs on it and I love them all. My friend Tiff, said to me, "I don't even know that many songs" There are very few songs I like that d-r-a-g on and drone on. Stairway is one of the worst. And Simon and Garfunkle, I can't take their Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Wine or Bridge over Troubled Waters. UGH!!! :( rYouTube - Get Right Back ~ Maxine Nightingale
    YouTube - why should i worry - oliver and company
    Fair enough sister. I have over 800 songs and one is an hour long, and I love them all. And that's not even close to what I have on my computer, as I imagine you have so many more on your computer as well. I appericiate your honesty, and shall respect it.

Thanks for the chat :p;)
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Feb 26, 2009, 08:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by albear View Post
    ? Which one the oliver and co and the maxine one I take it, they're OK, but not the type of music id listen too,

Oh I didn't get what you meant by 'See my post 14'?

In an earlier post you ask, and I quote...

could you post up something more your style so we can see why you seem to hate stairway to heaven sooooooooo much
    I had already done that in post 14.

I like BOTH Maxine and Oliver. Especially Maxine. Upbeat and empowering. My kind of song. Stairway is so depressing.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2009, 07:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cozyk View Post
    In an earlier post you ask, and I quote...

I had already done that in post 14.

I like BOTH Maxine and Oliver. Especially Maxine. Upbeat and empowering. My kind of song. Stairway is so depressing.
    Ahh I didn't see the rating you left before, my mistake :)
    Nestorian Posts: 978, Reputation: 152

Feb 28, 2009, 03:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sistedtwister View Post
    Yes, they are evil, you will be banished to hell for listening to them, where you will be forced to hold hands with Credendovidis, while watching Aton's movie. Then after the movie you will be forced to look at Curlybens and ScottGems family photo albums! OH the horror!!!!:)
    "Do my ears detect foul mouthedness?" or "Harry Hit me!" + "Ron invaded my personal bubble!" + "Mes thinks sever punishment is in order here."

Hhahaahahahha, Angst. "Expecto patron-nads!" hahaha. Got to love that puppet palls.

Interesting idea of hell, I always expected it to be like this... (some content may offend some viewers, viewers discretion is advised.) YouTube - Flight Of The Conchords - The Humans Are Dead
    Or
    YouTube - Rule of Rose - One - Apocalyptica This is one twisted game.
    Or
    YouTube - Red vs. Blue Episode 1
    Or
    YouTube - Red vs Blue Episode 53

Eh?
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2009, 04:43 PM

Red vs blue is great, caboose is sheer comic genius lol :D
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2009, 08:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestorian View Post
    Ok, so I'm totally going to cross a line, take no offence, we all have the capacity to percive things one way or another, and to make choices baised upon those perceptions.

To my point, what if you see the song as whiney because you are only looking at that part of the song, and not the rest. OR at least ignoring the importance of the rest. Especally at the end, I mean it picks up and states, "To be a Rock and not to roll." In other words unyielding/ strong, giving a person hope, no??

I've bin asked onece by a friend, "Did you ever think that the reason you seem to think things are what they are, is becuase you are reflecting your own feelings?" for example, Some one says, "Look at that shirt it's so stupid, why would some one wear that ugly thing?" You imeadiatly get angery and turn to face them, or maybe you cower and hide thinking you are being put down, when really they are just talking to a freind about thier firends shirt, but they are kidding. So you, are refelcting your own insecurities, upon the events happening around you. If you were that kind of person, differnt people react to different things in different eh??
    Maybe, you fear that you will seem whiney if you listen to "stairway to heaven" or songs of the like. Eh?

Just a thought, there are other things i'd go into but i haven't quite figured them out and how they tie into this idea.

Now remember i'm not saying you are or are not anything, but just curious why you think the song is whiney, as aposed to simply me assuming why. If that makes any sense on my be half??

Peace
    LOL LOL.. enjoyed that anaylsis. I'm not whiney. OK, I hate the song because there was a girl in my high school that... well lets just say there was no love loss between us. IN gym class she tells a group us girls that her "older" boyfriend played this song on the guitar and sang it and she cried. Ok.. that did it for me. I mean come on... it was too corny for me. It turned me against the song then later when my stepson tried to get me to listen to it I didn't get it.. it was STILL stupid. His mother cries when she hears it... I try people I really do but I think it is dumb and not sad. I can't muster up one tear!! Give me Desperato to cry to anyday... ( I'm not nuts about that song either) BUT at least I get it!

Mar 2, 2009, 09:29 AM

Back in the day, 10th grade, 1974-5, that song was so "emo".
    Emo wasn't a term we used back then but we knew the type.
    Irked me to pieces. Draggy, depressing, dark, dreary, all those D words.
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2009, 10:02 AM

Tut tut classyT, letting personal quarrels sway your musical appreciation of this masterpiece.
    You can't hate a song, hate is such a strong word, why not 'dislike' it instead :)

I thought they were glam rock and goths back in your day cozyk? what did you call 'the type'
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 2, 2009, 10:08 AM
    <moved to Member Discussions>

Mar 2, 2009, 10:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by albear View Post
    tut tut classyT, letting personal quarrels sway your musical appreciation of this masterpiece.
    you can't hate a song, hate is such a strong word, why not 'dislike' it instead :)

i thought they were glam rock and goths back in your day cozyk?, what did you call 'the type'
    Goths were not even "invented "yet in the 70s at my school. Punk came in around 1978-79.

My 21 yr. old daughter is sitting here with me and she ask me what cliques we had. There were not nearly as many as today's high schools. There were the jocks, the snobs, and then the rest of us. Late 70's I was your Fri-Sat night disco girl.
    In the early 80's I was a "prep". Late 80's I became a mother and I guess that was a clique all in it's self.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Revers Osmosis Water Systems [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I would like to find a better alternative to the 5 gallon Ice Mountain water jugs that we use for drinking water. We would like to drink our tap water, but don't trust it. Do reverse osmosis filtration systems really work or is it just a scam? Thanks!

Song played during Resident Evil DVD release commercial [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Does anyone know the song played during the Resident Evil DVD release commercial? I just seen it tonight 12/31/07.:confused: Thanks

Led Zeppelin! [ 13 Answers ]

So yeah, my number one fave band of LIFE is Led Zeppelin. If you love 'em, let us know and also tell us at least 5 of your fave songs. (I can see Stairway To Heaven being everyone's first answer:p)

View more questions Search