Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Loven06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2006, 11:06 PM
    Very sick bulldog!
    I have an 8 month old English Bulldog, Her name is Neah. About 2 months ago I noticed she was peeing frequently, and pooping frequently but little by little. On top of that she was throwing up everywhere! I was so worried. We took her to the vet, said that she just hed some built up fluid and some extra gas, gave us some medicine and sent us home, within days she was better, and going to the bathroom like a normal pup. A couple of nights ago I started noticing that she was peeing a lot, just like the first time, but her poop seemed OK, well tonight she puked about 5 times, the first time was extremely dark, almost black like, and the next 4 times was just some food and liquid. I also noticed that her pooping was very little and also very dark, and somewhat soft ( compared to her regular ) I can't afford a vet visit, but if I must I will. Also I took her outside about 3 times in the course of 30mins or so, and she would squat like she is trying to poop, but nothing would come out. About 5 minutes after coming in, she tried to go again in the house, then dragged her but across the living room floor, I'm really scared as this is my first puppy, and I don't have that much money. Any help, any suggestions, would be greatly appreciated, thank you very much.

P.S
    This is almost the same thing that happened last time, the doc said that her tummy was just a bit upset, and gave her medicine to help it, but the bill rounded up to about 200 dollars or so.
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Aug 21, 2006, 06:38 AM
    You really need to see a vet. Most places you can call them and set up payment arrangement to pay. If it is just an upset stomach try just feeding rice and chicken bullion for 24 to 48 hours, try after try switching to a good quality food such as Ims or Pedigree, also try a lamb and rice or chicken and rice, do not switch foods around keep it consistent, as changing food will totally screw your dog up, but again with the dark stools I would seriously try to get the dog to a vet.
    MINIZNTWNZ Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Oct 20, 2006, 04:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Loven06
    I have an 8 month old English Bulldog, Her name is Neah. About 2 months ago I noticed she was peeing frequently, and pooping frequently but little by little. On top of that she was throwing up everywhere! I was so worried. We took her to the vet, said that she just hed some built up fluid and some extra gas, gave us some medicine and sent us home, within days she was better, and going to the bathroom like a normal pup. A couple of nights ago I started noticing that she was peeing a lot, just like the first time, but her poop seemed ok, well tonight she puked about 5 times, the first time was extremely dark, almost black like, and the next 4 times was just some food and liquid. I also noticed that her pooping was very little and also very dark, and somewhat soft ( compared to her regular ) I can't afford a vet visit, but if I must I will. Also I took her outside about 3 times in the course of 30mins or so, and she would squat like she is trying to poop, but nothing would come out. About 5 mins after coming in, she tried to go again in the house, then dragged her but across the living room floor, I'm really scared as this is my first puppy, and I don't have that much money. Any help, any suggestions, would be greatly appreciated, thank you very much.

P.S
    This is almost the exact same thing that happened last time, the doc said that her tummy was just a bit upset, and gave her medicine to help it, but the bill rounded up to about 200 dollars or so.
    Ask your vet if she possibly has a food allergy...
    Also, start searching for websites with info on bulldogs...
    Email breeders of bulldogs... if your vet can't fix it, find one that can.
    It could get expensive to switch around with vets, just tell them ahead of time
    Of your financial situation and you may be able to get a deal, or payments.
    Good luck.
    MINIZNTWNZ Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Oct 20, 2006, 04:38 PM
    One more thing, contact the breeder you got the puppy from...
    It could have a health defect, your vet would be able to tell you.
    Most pups have a 1 yr health guarantee.
    If you didn't get it from a breeder or reputable owner,
    You may have received a sick puppy from the begginning.
    doggie_poopie Posts: 252, Reputation: 19

Oct 21, 2006, 12:00 PM
    First, please don't take this wrong but I am just letting you know-if you have financial concerns a Bulldog is the wrong breed to have! What medicine did the vet give you? What food are you feeding? What is the medical history on your dog?
    Also, does your vet take care credit? Take a look at their website www.carecredit.com.
    D
    nikkithomas Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2010, 01:11 PM
    Can I ask where you bought the bulldog?
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2010, 01:19 PM
    This thread is from 2006 - why do you ask?
    nikkithomas Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2010, 01:23 PM

Because I just had to put my puppy to sleep on Friday, she was a dhom bullie and 9 months..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

3 yr old sick [ 50 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I have a question about my son. Before I start he has seen a doctor and they are trying to figure this out but I thought one for you might have an idea. He is going to be 3 next month. Around the beginning of May he got the Rotavirus. I never heard of it before he got it but I guess it...

My dad is very sick [ 6 Answers ]

Hey everyone. I just found out last night that my dad is in the hospital with Chronic Leukimia. According to the doctors they said that this is a very treatable disease and that the disease itself is non-aggressive. The only thing that I don't understand is that my father had no symptoms. Such...

My dachshund is sick [ 2 Answers ]

Scooby is our dachshund's name. He is wonderful to have around. Yesterday he started coughing and trying to get something out of his throat. When he does get something up it is just white mucus. He isn't eating much and isn't his usually playful self. What can I do for him?

My dog is sick! [ 5 Answers ]

Hey my dog won't eat he has blissters on his mouth he is running a temp and has a swollen gland and I need 2 noe what it is fast so please help!! :eek:

View more questions Search