Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hybstrat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2006, 10:33 PM
    Home Odor
    We have this odor that smells like mildew. The A/C guy came and checked out the vents and the unit, and could not find anything. Who can we call to figure it out. It's strongest just outside the closet containing the heating/cooling unit, and now it seems to be going through the vent.

Please help.
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Aug 18, 2006, 06:43 PM
    Did he check the condesation line?
    hybstrat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2006, 02:07 AM
    I don't think so, but I'll confirm with my husband since he was the one who spoke with the A/C guy.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll do a post when this problem is resolved - for future reference of other members.
    Accent Lighting Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2006, 10:05 AM
    Purchase an Ozone light bulb for that room. It will eliminate the odor and kill the bacteria that is housed there. It kills the smell of smoke, molds, and other noxious odors. It is a fluorescent lamp coated in titanium di-oxide and is used in emergency rooms. If you can not find this lamp, call my store and we can help with your purchase. 800-362-8155
    lizbomb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2008, 07:53 PM

I am an apartment building manager. I deal with odor problems all the time from vacating apartments. You need to find the source of the odor first and foremost. It could be a leak behind air-conditioning unit into the wall, which would cause mold to grow and smell. There's great new product that'll definitely get rid of the smell by destroying the mold or any bacteria that may be causing the odor. The product is called Room Shocker. You can get it on a website (biocidesystems.com). But first I recommend you make sure you don't have a leak.
    goldenj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2009, 07:05 PM
    Hi There! I have used room shocker as well and it works fantastic! Except I purchased it from odorscienceglobal.com . Great people to work with and really good prices! Give it a look. They have another product called Auto Vaccine that I used in my car and it worked great!
    iamtheboss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2009, 05:04 PM
    Odorscience global has obtained illegal patented product from odorscience.net Odorscienceglobal does not carry any liability insurance or is certified in anyway to ship cholorine dioxide. Do not support a company that has stolen goods.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Under house odor [ 2 Answers ]

I have a strong odor coming from the crawl space (about 18" high) under the house. It is acrid and earthy; strong and unpleasant. We have tested air for mold-no unusual problem. Made a french drain about 20 years ago around half of the house, still dampness in that half, but not wet or standing...

Odor when doing laundry [ 3 Answers ]

New here and searched but could not find the answer. Here's my situation. Every time I run my laundry located in the basement I get an odor coming from our sump pit. The laundry water discharges into our utility sink. This sink drains directly to a sump hole. (two sump holes in basement)...

Selling home/buying home simultaneously [ 8 Answers ]

Real estate agent and the mtg broker she works with want me to refinance loan with them, take equity out of it and buy a townhouse, move into townhouse while maintaining my mtg with my present home while trying to sell it. I called Wamu (my original lender) and questioned him about this and he...

Bad Odor.. please help [ 6 Answers ]

I have a very horrible odor from my vagina, I know I am and ot alone in this because. I have tried looking for solutions online and have found many women with the same problem. I wash everyday with anti bacterial soap and I use cotton underwear. At the end of they day there's white/brown stuff on...

Septic Odor [ 1 Answers ]

For the past 3 months or so every time we flush the toilet it smells like sewage. It has only gotten worse and worse. It only seems to happen when we flush the toilet and will eventually go away... until we flush again. It stinks up the entire house now. We have tried to put stuff down the...

View more questions Search