Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    resolve3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2009, 02:08 PM
    Non-union musicians
    If a composition is recorded using non-union musicians, are there any regulations
    FolkFury Posts: 40, Reputation: 6

Feb 20, 2009, 09:25 AM

The publishing rights are still in effect, if that's what you mean.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2009, 01:30 AM

Hi, resolve3!

There are a number of factors here that would be helpful for us to know from you.

For example:

a) Is this a known and already published in sound as well as print publication?

b) If the answer to the above is "yes", then how old is the composition and are there any other groups that have recorded it in recent years?

c) Is the recording of the composition going to be sold by the group that has recorded it?

d) Are there any laws prohibiting non-union musicians from making the recording where it might be sold? In the U.S. some states have "Right to Work", or similar laws where being in the Musicians Union doesn't really matter in some states because non-union musicians are able to do the same things as the union musicians are.

I could go on. There could be so many variables here...

Would you please provide some additional specifics as to what this is concerning?

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Musicians who practice bodybuilding [ 3 Answers ]

I'd like to know if there's any website or article on the net about the musicians who practice bodybuilding. I'm talking about people like Henry Rollins, for example, or others heavy metal or rap musicians. Thanks

Free directory for musicians ebook [ 3 Answers ]

This is something I'm looking to develop a free download (pdf) with listed freelancers and small businesses offering service like online mastering, publishing, myspace design, cd and logo design, online music stores etc. to independent artists and musicians Let me know if there's any adaptations...

Bronze Monkey Musicians [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone have any knowledge of these bronze or brass monkey musicians? There is no known makers mark or info on the web searches that I have done. They are very heavy, my husband says they are bronze. Any help is deeply appreciated. Thanks...

The Ultimate Bar Story for Musicians [ 1 Answers ]

A C, an E-flat and a G go into a bar. The bartender says "Sorry, but we don't serve minors". So, the E-flat leaves, and the C and the G have an open fifth between them. After a few drinks, the fifth is diminished: the G is out flat. An F comes in and tries to augment the situation, but...

Musicians [ 1 Answers ]

What musician recently petitioned Kentucky Fried Chicken to begin featuring vegetarian meal alternatives?

View more questions Search