Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2009, 01:58 PM
    Nose bleeds
    I think I have a cold. But I'm not totally sure because my mucus has been mostly clear and I've been getting nosebleeds. I don't normally get nosebleeds, even with colds. I bought a cold mist humidifier last night but I ot another nosebleed this afternoon. Should I be concerned?
    chrissymarie Posts: 563, Reputation: 53

Feb 19, 2009, 02:11 PM

If you snort your boogers a lot instead of blowing you can dry out you nasal membranes that'll make you bleed. Climate changes will make your nose bleed and run and snorting anything up your nose will cause clear mucus and a bloddy nose. High blood pressure can also make your nose bleed.

Hope this helps.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2009, 10:09 AM

Thanks. I ended up having to go to the ER because after I posted this I got another one and it wouldn't stop for almost an hour. Turned out the new decongestant I was using was the cause. It was making my capillaries swell and raising my blood pressure. So the dr said no more oral decongestants and gave me nasal spray instead.
    chrissymarie Posts: 563, Reputation: 53

Feb 20, 2009, 11:26 AM

Well I'm glad you solved your problem... well kind of. I'm sure you have some hideous ER bills now... ughhh!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blister on nose,size of silver dollar, nose res,hot swollen [ 5 Answers ]

Please help us. My husband 53 yrs old. Woke up 3 days ago with a Dark red, very hot to touch, swollen nose with a blister, the size of a silver dollar. It still hasn't broken and also the first day his cheeks were red and hot to touch. We have no insurance and he won't go out of the house. I have...

Scratching till he bleeds [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 7 year old male husky. He is very healthy, gets lots of exercise. About 3 weeks ago I noticed a small scab on his head. He kept scratching it off. If I caught him I would stop him and cleaned the spot with h perox. That spot healed but there is now one on the other side , in between his...

So she sometimes bleeds after sex [ 6 Answers ]

Well, my sex partner sometimes bleeds after our sex sessions. Granted they are great and fun times, after the whole thing is done, she says she sometimes feels too sore that she can't even . Now, She will orgasm around 2-3 times before I can go once, so I know she's at least enjoying it at the...

1 year 6 months old dog Labrador bleeds from penis [ 5 Answers ]

My dog labrador retriever who is 1 year 6 months old has been dropping blood from penis for 2/3 months. He also suffers from muscle stiffness from past 9/10 months for which the vet had prescribed prednisolone 5 mg daily which we are giving in two doses of 2.5 mg. We have tried to reduce this...

View more questions Search