Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    k9keepr Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2009, 09:33 AM
    How long does it take?
    My daughter went for a disability hearing almost 2 years ago. She had a lawyer that was provided for her. She is currently receiving regular state aid that will stop if she is denied. We still can't get an answer as to what the disability judge has decided. Obviously it hasn't been denied totally as she is still receiving the state aid. The attorney provided for her will no longer return her calls. How long do we wait? And what do we do to find out the status on her case? We are in Michigan. Her case is a "mental" illness although she does have several physical problems also that they are aware of.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2009, 11:39 AM

You can call the disability office and ask them if there was a denial or not. If she is denied, then she can have an attorney represent her. I don't quite understand your statement of an attorney was provided for her. The only time an attorney can enter a disability case is if the person has been turned down for disability.

If she was approved, the disability office will be able to tell you that as well.
    k9keepr Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2009, 01:17 PM

I should have made it clear in the first posting here that the hearing was an appeal. So how long do we wait on this.. We can't even get the attorney to return calls now.
    lilbay Posts: 64, Reputation: 11

Mar 22, 2009, 04:03 PM
    Was the hearing her first one before the judge?
    If so then have her contact the local Social Security office and see if anything has been decided.
    You need to stay on top of it They should send a letter to both her and the lawyer though when the case is decided. If denied at the hearing you have only one last appeal than have to start over according to what I was told so stay on top of this and If the lawyer is not doing his job make a complaint you can get a new one I never knew that and had a lawyer mess up my case It took me 7 years to win my case.
    So stay in touch with your local office.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long does it take long term vicodin consumption to exit your system? [ 7 Answers ]

If you have been on vicodin for a long time how long does it take to get out of your system.

Long, Long, history of freezeups, and blown fuses! [ 7 Answers ]

Hello I have been having trouble with our furnace for quite some time, and I have been arguing and fighting with home issurance companies trying to get this fixed and Im tired of dealing with them so I turn here. Originally our problem began with the whole unit freezing up in the summer when...

How long I'm I going to last with my lover will it be long? [ 4 Answers ]

How Long Will I Last With My Lover?

How long is too long to be on a break? [ 8 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I split up just over a month ago after 18 months to have some time apart etc. She said she did want to get back with me eventually. Its been a month and all she says is that she doesn't want a boyfriend at the moment however I still see her and she tells me that she loves me and...

Long-short-long [ 2 Answers ]

Hey you Okay I have a dilemma.For along time I had Long hair(almost to my butt)but then I started working out and it would get sweaty so I cut it shorter(wayyy shorter like I cut off over 20 inches)but now I kind of miss my long locks! All I can do is wait.But every time I had long hair somehow I...

View more questions Search