Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HOFF Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2006, 06:24 PM
    knee pain
    I’m 7 weeks into a knee injury. I fell from 3 feet up on top of a wood bench going through the seating part catching my leg in the frame clipping my knee just below the kneecap and hyper extending as I rolled at the same time. I had a mri and x-rays at 4 weeks and was told that the lcl and meniscus was grade 1 and the mcl was grade 3 no acl damage indicated from mri. I was told I would heel up fine and that was it. Week 7 and I still have intense pain after walking, squatting, and straitening my leg. Most of the pain is meniscus area and directly behind the knee. Also I have visually noticeable swelling around my kneecap mainly above the knee lateral and lower knee area that keeps me from straitening my leg. Will the fluid go away by itself? I have an appointment with my ops next week and last visit he said if still hurting maybe he’d scope my knee. Is it still possible that maybe I damaged my acl after all and the mri did not show it? If not what would cause the pain behind my knee? Is 7 weeks to early to jump to conclusions?
    lups01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2006, 03:42 AM
    Ask your OPS about Pellegrini-Stieda Sy. Have intensive physio-therapy(swelling and pain can limit it), US to destroy calcifications, IF or other electrotherapy for swelling, test possibilities to apply thermo-therapy procedure.
    For acl the best test is Lachman test.
    Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Black knee with pimples [ 4 Answers ]

I have a black knees with pimples. If I stand up straight(knee is folded), the black knee will become visible but if I don't, it won't really appear. I really need a treatment right away because in less than 9 days I'll have wear skirt because I'll be volunteering in some kind of marching band....

Job Hunting W/knee Problems [ 2 Answers ]

i, shattered my knee cap in '01 :( i, have had a second surgery 1/06 to remove hardware. i, just left my job a drivers license examiner due to the physical aspects of the job. i'm in a catch 22. i, can not stand or sit for long periods. According to ssa... my injuries is not considered a...

Knee won't scab over [ 1 Answers ]

I skidded out in the bike part of a triathlon last Sunday and skinned my knee, arm, etc. The bruises are awesome! I'm worried that the scab on my knee keeps cracking open because it's on a joint (obviously). Should I keep it covered with neosporin or something so it doesn't crack... it'll never...

Knee won't scab over [ 2 Answers ]

I skidded out in the bike part of a triathlon last Sunday and skinned my knee, arm, etc. The bruises are awesome! I'm worried that the scab on my knee keeps cracking open because it's on a joint (obviously). Should I keep it covered with neosporin or something so it doesn't crack... it'll never...

View more questions Search