Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Thomas Dillard Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2009, 10:34 PM
    How do I convert a propane clothes dryer to natural gas?
    I bought a propane gas clothes dryer and installed a conversion kit from the manaufacturer. My house connection already had a connection for my old natural gas dryer but when I connected the new dryer it is not getting gas and won't start. My inlet pipe has 2 psig regulator in line. What am I doing wrong? I opened the inlet line and only got a small amount of gas out. Do I need to get a different regulator? Is there ea nother problem I haven't addressed which keeps it from lighting. HELP!
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2009, 11:49 PM

Thomas _ did you remove the (orffice valve for propane<when you changed to natural gas?? If not you weill have to take that one out and put a orffice valve in for natural :: good luck and have a great day and god bless:: f.b.e.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2009, 07:19 AM

It does take a number of false starts to remove all of the air in the lines.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 20, 2009, 09:20 AM

Tom, I think its important to reread the instruction for that converter installation. Dryer arrive set up for NG and the converter makes them into propane. You should be able to simply remove the kit you installed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How convert Propane water heater into Natural Gas unit [ 7 Answers ]

How to convert an Propane water heater into Natural Gas? I have Whirlpool unit for LP. It has a regular valve with an adapter for LP. If I remove this adapter, will it then work? Is burner the same or needed to be replace? Is valve had to be replaced and will the thread be the same if IO reinstall ...

Convert propane hot water heater to natural gas [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know if whirlpool makes a kit or can I just change orifice in unit?

Convert my dryer from propane to natural gas [ 1 Answers ]

I need help on how to convert my whirlpool dryer from propane to natural gas please help gayle

Convert propane gas to the natural gas dryer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a dryer in the basement that need to be used in propane gas but my current set up is through natural gas. I didn't realize until I try to dry the clothes but it was taking much much longer time... Is there any way that I can convert the natural gas? . Let me know Thanks

View more questions Search