Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    4morgan Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2006, 01:02 PM
    Free Legal Advice
    Can anyone tell me if there is somewhere I can get free advice concerning child support. I'm in Pinellas county, Fla but payment is made to State of TN.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 17, 2006, 02:43 PM
    You can check with a legal aid societ in your area or check with the state bar society of anyone doing any pro bono work.

Also see, if you are the one wanting to collect, if there is a child support enforcement agency in your area.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2006, 08:59 PM
    If you're in Pinellas Co. FL then why are payments being made to the state of TN? Usually payments are made to the county of the payor's residence, then forwarded to the payee. The payor's county has the responsibility for collecting and distributing the child support payments, regardless of where the payee resides. As for free legal advice, your best bet is to contact the lawyer referral service for Pinellas County. They can refer you to an attorney who'll offer you a low-cost or maybe free initial consultation. You can then discuss all of your concerns and get sound legal advice.
    4morgan Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2006, 02:04 AM
    Thank you very much for answering. Could the reason be that my ex-dau-in-law brought the judgement in TN (where they and the child lived until Dec, 2005)? She moved to W. Virginia and my son to Florida.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Free/Almost Free Online Multiplayer Games [ 51 Answers ]

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone could recommend any free/nearly free online multiplayer games. A few friends and I are looking for some good games over the internet. Preferably something other than a MMORPG as you have to devote a lot of time to those in order to keep up with each other. ...

Need legal advice with 401K distribution $$ [ 7 Answers ]

I have recently started the rollover process from my former employers 401k/profit sharing plan (MassMutual) to my current one (Fidelity). The problem that I am having is the "vested" amount that is reflected on my statements is showing 80% and the amount that they paid out was only 60%. I have...

Seeking Legal Advice [ 11 Answers ]

I need some legal advice. Last June I contacted an owner of a domain site and asked if he would be interested in partnering with me. I will build the site and he wouldn't have to do anything. In return he would get a % or revenue. So after 2 months of me working on it, the guy stops returning...

Seeking Paternity Legal Advice [ 5 Answers ]

I am a married women of 15 years and have a child who is 5 years old. I had an affair 5 years ago outside of my marriage, and the guy thinks he may be my child's biological father five years later. My husband knows nothing about this, and never question paternity or had no reason to. Does this...

View more questions Search