Ask
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2009, 09:35 PM
    Medicare in a nutshell.
    The phone rings and the lady of the house answers, "Hello."

A voice says, "Mrs. Sanders, please."

"Speaking."

"Mrs. Sanders, this is Doctor James at Saint Agnes Laboratory. When your husband's doctor sent his biopsy to the lab last week, a biopsy from another Mr. Sanders arrived as well. We are now uncertain which one belongs to your husband. Frankly, either way the results are not too good."

"What do you mean?" Mrs. Sanders asks nervously.

"Well, one of the specimens tested positive for Alzheimer's and the other one tested positive for HIV. We can't tell which is which."

"That's dreadful! Can you do the test again?" questioned Mrs. Sanders.

"Normally we can, but Medicare will only pay for these expensive tests once and once only."

"Well, what am I supposed to do now?"

"The folks at Medicare recommend that you drop your husband off somewhere in the middle of town. If he finds his way home, don't sleep with him."
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2009, 05:09 AM

Great story!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

OPT - SS/Medicare [ 1 Answers ]

I have searched everywhere and never got a definitive answer on this topic... Thanks in advance... My case: - on F1 visa. - student from aug 04 - aug 06 (graduated in aug 06) - on opt sep 06 - sep 07 - working from nov 07

Medicare [ 2 Answers ]

Hello: I see ads on TV for insurance that costs the same as medicare. I didn't know medicare costs anything. Does it? How much? Why? excon

F-1 OPT, SSN and Medicare [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, This forum is very informative. Thanks for the input of Atlanta Tax Expert! I arrived in US in 1999 and I am on F-1 OPT since Sept 2005. I've heard that people on F-1 OPT are exempted from SSN and Medicare taxes. However, my employer said that since I've stayed in US for more than 5...

View more questions Search