Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dtcandelaria Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2009, 07:30 PM
    Is marriage legal ?
    Hi,

If both spouses got married in the US and they were non US Citizen at that time of marriage, is the marriage legal ? Tks/D.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 18, 2009, 07:33 PM

Yes, there is no citizenship requirements, as long as they got a marriage license, and it was filed they are legally married.

I marry illegal aliens from time to time, why do you feel they would not be legally married

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Legal International Marriage [ 3 Answers ]

I have 2 friends that are completely in love with each other and don't want to loose each other. She lives in and is a natural born citizen of the US. He lives in and is a natural born citizen of the UK. They want to move her to the UK and get married. But finding out how to do it completlely...

Get legal status after marriage [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I got marriade a week ago and want to start to fill up the forms to get a legal status. I came to US with J-1 viza and supposed to work in Wisconsin state, but I did not come there. So angency canceled my viza. I know the forms I need to fill up for the beginig:I-130,I-485,G-325 A,...

How to get legal after marriage [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I got married three years ago and we hesitated to act on getting legal because people say its hard to get papers these days? What should I do and where should I begin? I am a US citizen and my husband is not and without papers her in america.

View more questions Search