Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    antonkata Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2006, 11:07 AM
    Taking back taxes when leaving USA.
    Hello,

I am here in the USA for three months only and I bought a laptop. I understood that when I leave I may have the tax that I paid for that laptop back. I live in California now if that is important. Is that true and if yes how can I do that?

Thank you!
    Anton
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Aug 18, 2006, 04:18 PM
    Anton:

I believe it is true, but if so, it is a state tax issue with California. Suggest you access the California tax website and look for tax rebates for foreign-born buyers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Back Child Support /taxes [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: hello i'm a mother of 4 children i have 3 from my 1st marriage all my childern r grown up my problem lies in child support i had to receive food stamps and helth benefits through ill state aid. They have received all there money back from my ex he still owes me 12,000.00 dollars he has...

Taking taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Could you please tell me why they take you tax refund on a chapter 7 bankruptcy

Can I claim back FICA taxes paid? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been working with an H-1B visa. I'm going back home in April 2006 and I am not intend to come back to the US to work. Can I claim back the Social Security and Medicare taxes I've paid?

Back Taxes Disaster [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I will try to make a LONG story short. I have always been self employed, a resident of the City & State of New York. In 1991 I was married and looked forward to building a comfortable middle class life with my new bride. Wishing to avoid any problems financially I for the first time...

View more questions Search