Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    corey12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2009, 05:17 PM
    My child is 13, court order in place in New Hampshire
    My son is 13, there is a court order in place for visitation but my son now wants to make the decision if he want to go over or not to the other parents house for weekend, vacation visitation. I heard 13 year old can do this
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 18, 2009, 05:48 PM

You heard wrong. The only one that can decide that is a judge. They may or may not listen to testimony from him but its not his decision to make until he is 18.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unmarried no court order child lives w/mom [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter has lived w/me from her birth & her father moved 6 hours away. I have given him time to get it together so he can contribute financially towards his daughter but 2 1/2 yrs later $0 has been paid monthly. He ends toys & clothes every couple months but no monthly payments or offer to pay...

Appealing a court order for child support [ 8 Answers ]

Ok, So my daughters father was finally ordered to pay support (as in my previous post). He did not show up but sent his financial paper work (he lives out of state), He tells me he is not paying a dime (because he can not afford it, but they went by what he sent in) and he is appealing the current...

Court Child Support Order [ 3 Answers ]

If a child support order that was filed with the Clerk of the Court was never signed by a judicial officer, is it a valid order or legally deficient?

Child support court order in another state [ 7 Answers ]

I divorced in 1997. Support order was for 62.37 a week for 2 kids.I have been fighting this for 10 years between states.. States are ILL/FL;;Finally I hired a private attorney took ex back to court in 2007 with 16400 in arrears.Still ILL hasn't updated their Support to the new order of 175.00 a...

Interim court order regarding where my child goes to school [ 2 Answers ]

My ex and I entered into an interim order last year regarding the city in which my son will go to school. The order called for specifics to be completed during the year and stated that so long as all was completed the order would become final. Now it is a year later, everything was completed as...

View more questions Search