Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    makeroom4more Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2009, 03:29 PM
    Truck rolled back in park
    Hi - something weird happened to me tonight - park the truck on the drive way and it rolled back... - so I left the truck for 1/2 hour went back out took it for another boot around block and parked it again NO roll back - the rolling was I would say 10 inches back - Is this a call for Mr. Transmission or just a cable problem or maybe having a bit of a incline on the driveway but, not big enough to now hill ski just a hint. It happened today in another parking lot. And it feels at times a little slippery shifting from park into drive.

Just curious before I get a mechanic to look at it in the morning

Thanks for any input
    Dee:rolleyes:
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2009, 03:31 PM

What year, make and model are your truck?

Also, how's the weather by you? My Sport Trac slid a good 15 inches sideways while in park on top of ice in our driveway.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2009, 08:51 PM

Is this an automatic or a stick shift? Did you have the emergency brake on or just put it in park?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rolled Ankle [ 3 Answers ]

Back in February of this year I rolled the inside of my ankle playing indoor soccer. I treated the ankle for a couple of days and did not play for 2 weeks. I played a game and still was hurting me. After the season ended (in April) the ankle was still bothering me and felt uncomfortable during...

Pulled over, pulled out of truck, truck searched, wrong guy? [ 9 Answers ]

Ok, my boyfriend got pulled over this morning and was told to get out of his truck. The police then searched his truck (tore apart his truck, is what he said) and then they said "oh, sorry, we have the wrong guy". Is there anything he can do here? He has no criminal past (few speeding tickets)...

Rolled tar roof leaks on porch, any solutions? [ 7 Answers ]

We have a built-on porch (to the detached garage) put on in the 60's by the previous owner. The roof is tar, flat, and now it is leaking badly. A handyman put some tar stuff on it once or twice and that helped, but only momentarily. Do we have no option but to bring this porch down? Can a flat...

Car will not come out of park [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 87 thunderbird that will not shift out of park even when the brake peddle is depressed.how do I get it to shift?

Rolled teflon tape for leaky shut off valve [ 1 Answers ]

I was trying to replace a leaky shut off valve. I couldn't get compression ring off copper pipe w pliers so I put new valve on old ferrule & valve leaked more. Home Depot guy said his plumber father has tried placing a thin rope of teflon tape around both bevels of compression ring & put new...

View more questions Search