Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    martinvipond Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2009, 02:42 PM
    GPO applied on 2nd boot, not on 1st boot
    I am deploying IE7 via a GPO in a Windows 2003 domain. The policy works fine. But only on a second boot of the Windows XP clients. (WindowsXP only environment). This seems totally silly to me. Shouldn't all policies be applied on every boot? :confused:

How can I force the policy to be applied on the first boot of the client?

Mjv
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Mar 3, 2009, 12:38 PM

To check for sure, run GPRESULT at a command prompt on the PC's. It may be applying a prerquisite prior to the actual install.

Also, we have found that it is easier to deploy IE7 via WSUS instead of GPO. You do not have to use the IEAK with a WSUS deployment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The boot [ 5 Answers ]

Hey, just to clarify the question even though some people are probably going to ask anyway, I don't have one on my car nor do I know anyone who has ever had one on theirs, I live far in the country so we don't really get them nearly as much as the city folks do. Anyway, my question is, how do you...

My new PC won't boot [ 4 Answers ]

hi there I just built a new PC. Everything seems to be correctly connected but the PC won't boot. The motherboard's light is blinking whilw trying to turn it on. I thought for a moment it could be an insufficient power supply but even when I unplugged the extra sata hdd and a 2 gb ram barret the...

Cannot boot from CD [ 5 Answers ]

I have a bunch of spyware that no program I've tried can get rid of, so I've decided to start from scratch and format. As I understand it I need to boot from my XP cd to do this, here's the problem. The CD-ROM drive that the computer came with is stuck, it turns out. There's an audio CD in it...

Boot linux from an external hard drive dual boot? [ 1 Answers ]

Can I boot linex from an external hard drive dual boot. How do I do it ?

Can't see my p.c boot up [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I can't see my computor boot up until it reach's the log in window for windows xp. And then the moniter turns on. i.e I can't get into the bios because I can't see anything. I've installed the correct graphics card driver... Any ideas? :cool:

View more questions Search