Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ru4him Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2006, 07:51 AM
    How to join two 3-way switches
    I have a balcony with overhead lights between two 3-way switches. I also have another 3-way switch that operates lights to the stairs. Presently there are two switches side-by-side that operate the balcony lights and the stair lights. Question: Is it possible to join theses two switches together so that all of the lights (balcony and stairs) will operate from the same switches?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2006, 12:39 PM
    If you end up with more than 2 switches controlling a bank of lights, all other switches in the circuit must be 4 way switches. This can only be done if the correct wires are at the correct locations, which I have no way of knowing, unless you provide a sketch of the wiring arrangement.
    ru4him Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2006, 12:49 PM
    Thanks tkrussell for your reply. I think I have it figured out. The balcony hot lead is at the right switch, but the stairs hot lead is at the foot of the stairs, so this is never going to happen. Thanks anyway.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2006, 01:16 PM
    This may still be possible, can you give me a sketch of the wiring for all these switches?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If you play runescape and want to join a clan click here [ 69 Answers ]

if you are looking to join a clan join the silver dragons. Next time you go on runescape add "carly405" to your friends list. If you are not interested then just get off this one now and please don't send me all this stuff that is pure junk. :eek: . My clan gets free stuff from me :D . We are...

Leaking pipe - at join [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have noticed a leak in my water system. It is on the main cold water inflow pipe, a few feet after the stopcock, and it occurs at a joint between a pipe and a 'Limekiller' water softener. It looks to me as if the sealant where the two pipes meet is cracked or porous. How can I fix this...

Join pvc drain into middle of existing cast iron [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone. I am planning to move the sink in my bathroom. I've already figure out (it's pretty easy) where to put the copper pipes with hot cold water. Right now I am trying to figure out the best way to do the dranage. There's a cast iron pipe about 4' in diameter, that runs from...

Join 4" PVC to Cast Iron Hub [ 2 Answers ]

I am re-routing the main sewer line that goes through the basement/crawl space of my 70+ year old house. Simply put, there are too many re-plumbs, new lines, and/or patches by previous generations. In the next months, a new kitchen and bathroom downstairs are going to cut into this patchwork 2...

How do I do an Inner join in MySQL? [ 1 Answers ]

Please could someone assist?

View more questions Search