Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jaredite Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2009, 02:50 AM
    I type on the run box this command \\192.168.1.4 I get a response network not found
    I type in the run box this command \\192.168.1.4 I get a response "network not found" File and print sharing is enabled in the group policy. I can ping the computer with the IP Address 192.168.1.4 but can not access the shared resources file and printer.:confused:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 18, 2009, 06:01 AM

Have you tried mapping the shared drive? As for sharing a printer, I've found that it works better to install the printer as a local printer, but instead of selecting LPT1 as the port to use a TCP/IP port using the IP address of the PC the printer is connected to.
    rwinterton Posts: 289, Reputation: 15

Feb 18, 2009, 06:29 AM

Try turning off Windows Firewall or any other personal firewall product (Zone Alarm, McAffee's Firewall, or Symantec's equivalent) and then see if you can connect. If you can, then you need to configure the firewall to allow you to connect.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The network path was not found [ 12 Answers ]

I try to connect my laptop to the desktop at home, after connecting all the required wires, the internet sharing is working, I can using the laptop online. The problem is when I clicked "My network place" I could not see both computers, therefore I cannot shares all the files from both...

Network path was not found [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have had 2 desktop computers running off a DSLmodem/router for a while now, both can access the internet and both can share files and printers etc to each other. Now that I have bought a Laptop I have tried to connect it up to everything as well. I have managed to get internet working...

Run command not found [ 11 Answers ]

Please I can't find the run command in my start list. How to reenable it to run regedit.. Please help..

Network path cannot be found [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, When I try to join a computer (Win XP-SP2) to the domain, a prompt comes up asking for the domain administrator credentials. Once I submit the credentials, I receive a message: The computer cannot be joined to the domain"<domainname>" Network path cannot be found Please help me out as...

Network path not found ! [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I've installed a fresh windows 2003 server, and created just one user for testing purpose, and shared one directory on a different partion on the same hard disk. The problem is : I can log in with the user administrator from the workstation "WIN-XP running the latest update...

View more questions Search