Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blonde53 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2009, 11:27 PM
    Can lien be put against car for credit card debt?
    I had surgery 2 years ago and couldn't work for a few months. Up until that point I had excellent credit and paid my bills and credit cards on time. I had to stop making payments on cars with high minimum payments just to keep ahead of my other obligations. I now have a lawyer harassing me over a debt to Washington Mutual for $4200 that I let go. I tried working out a payment plan with the credit card company telling them what I could afford to pay, but they weren't willing to work with me. A collection company took over for the credit card company and now a law firm is calling me for the collection company. I am unemployed for the most part and work when I can, but the lawyer today told me that they can put a lien against the title of my car. He believes that I am still making payments on the card, but I paid it off last month and I have the title. Can a lien be put on my vehicle?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 18, 2009, 06:04 AM

I doubt it, but they may be able to seize it and auction it off. Depends on the laws in your state. But first they have to get a judgement against you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

California, property lien on credit card debt? [ 3 Answers ]

I've not been able to pay the minimum payments on my credit cards in a year. The debt collectors are calling to tell me that they are going to put a lien on my home to sue for payment is this possible in the state of CALIFORNIA?

Is credit card debt open account debt or a written agreement debt? [ 16 Answers ]

I am currently fighting a credit card debt action filed against me by Unifund. The issue is whether credit card debt is open account debt subject to 3 year SOL in the State of Washington or a written agreement debt subject to 6 years. I asked the same question on another forum and received an...

Credit card lien [ 4 Answers ]

I recently received a lien due to an unpaid credit card. I have tried to get in touch with them to work out a solution.A couple of question. Will they take less $$ then they were awarded? The reason is my daughter is going to put a down payment on a townhouse for me. Their names will be on it( so...

Can your house have a lien for $3000 credit card debt [ 1 Answers ]

They are saying I owe 3000 on a credit card that was paid I dispute it, can they put a lien on my house

View more questions Search