Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lharbiso Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2006, 12:03 AM
    How do you know?
    I have usually been pretty good at hearing the Lord when he speaks to me, but my husband and I are in the middle of a dilemma right now and neither one of us understand what it is we are supposed to do. We live in Ms and are recovering from Katrina. We had some damage to the trailer we are renting. We have a home in Ky, that we were selling rent to own. The people skipped out on us leaving the payment behind more than 30 days. We can not afford to put it up for sale because we can not afford to live here and pay it too. Our rent here is actually more than the house payment. My immediate family is here, my dad and my daughter and her family. One grandbaby and another one due next week. We decided that we should probably move there to ky and live in that house to keep from losing it. The problem arose when we realized we do not have the money to move on. We put our trust in the Lord and said if it is meant to be, it will happen and the money will come from somewhere. All of our leads have been exhaused and we have only been able to come up with 500 of the 1500 that we need. My heart is aching because we are so confused. We pray every day and night that the Lord will guide us, we just don't know. I do know that it hurts me to think of leaving, but if it is the only option not to have a foreclosure I would. The other thing is, when my daughter was first pregnant this time, they found abnormal cells on her cervix and can not do a biopsy until her 6 week checkup, she had a coloscopy and it did not look good. She also has tonic clonic epilepsy and has seized almost every week during her 9 months. Baby will be a c section because of it. Can anyone offer any advice on how to know what is right and how will we know? Thank you... :confused:
    31pumpkin Posts: 379, Reputation: 50
    -

Aug 17, 2006, 11:40 AM
    Iharbiso -

I empathize with your problems. There is no doubt in my mind that God is not the maker of them but is definitely the deliverer of them.

First, you state, (if I understand it correctly) that you need $1000. To prevent foreclosure on your Ky house. Is it possible to obtain a line of credit on the house? Or perhaps a cash advance from a credit card? 1k doesn't seem like a lot of $. Even a loan can be obtained (unsecured) While you are trying to figure out something in a hurry, you can be searching all scriptures(with a concordance) that focus on finances & prosperity.
    I have never been through a foreclosure, but you should find out what the consequences are. Maybe you can still come out with something.

Your daughter health is the bigger issue. And while she is & was at a high risk with this pregnancy, you can be "laying hands" on her with all the faith you have! "And these signs shall follow them that believe...they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."(Mark 16:17-18)
    Also, according to "The Faith Factor- Dale Matthews, MD,1998", the healing power of prayer dominates, rather than patients who weren't prayed for.
    Here, also, I would not let up praying scriptures of healing over & around my daughter.
    Here is a link to a very fine ministry that takes prayer requests 24/7 & actually answers your e-mail within 24 hrs.
    http://www.liveprayer.com.
    I will be praying for your family today.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 17, 2006, 03:11 PM
    OR what about selling the KY house and using the money ( what ever is left) to help settle where your family is, if that is where you want to live.

And in the end, the worst that can happen is you loose the home and go on with life. I am sure you have had a lot of money loses from Katrina.

Often God uses tragegy to refocus our life and to make us see or use new priorities in it.
    lharbiso Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2006, 03:34 PM
    Thank you all so much for your advice. We are trying to use what little bit of equity we do have in the home to borrow the money to get moved on. What money we did have saved we had to use to pay the property taxes that were owed and the payments that were behind when they skipped out. The note is current but do for this month as of now. We would love to sell the house and stay here but we can not afford to make the payments on the home while it is listed and have to pay to live here too. That is why we thought it would be best to go back there. We have no credit available after this... when your mortgage is late it kind of hurts everything. The bank we are trying to get a loan through by using the house as collateral is a small town bank that can do what they want to pretty much. I am praying that this will work. Thank you for your prayers, that means so much to me. My mother had just passed away prior to us moving back here. I suffered severe depression and then we were hit by katrina and that sent me over the edge pretty much. It is hard at times to be strong in my faith, but I ask God to forgive me for doubting and wondering why and I go on. Thank you all for listening, please continue to pray for us.;)
    JuLee Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2006, 03:41 PM
    Hey don't worry too much. Im not sure of why but this could just be a blessing in disguise. God will open another door for you soon enough. Keep praying and have faith.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search