Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xoMaryJanexo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2009, 04:38 PM
    Acceleration Motion
    A car starts from rest at a stop sign. It accelerates at 2.0 m/s2 for 6.0 seconds, coasts for
    2.0 s, and then slows down at a rate of 1.5 m/s2 for the next stop sign. How far apart are
    The stop signs?
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Feb 20, 2009, 11:22 PM

I'm drawing the King of Wands and the Hanged Man, so my intuition tells me the signs are as far apart as you need them to be to find your way. Or perhaps were you looking for the topic "physics"? ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Position velocity acceleration vector and motion [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.my questions are. 1-Are the instantaneous velocity vector and the acceleration vector always in the direction of the motion? Why? 2-is it possible for the velocity vector of a particle to be perpendicular to its position vector? Why? 3-is it possible for a particle to go around a curve at...

Florida Law Of Civil Procedure ~ Motion To Produce - Motion For Trial [ 6 Answers ]

Our daughter is being sued by a collection agency for a debt she does not think she owes. We had a pretrial hearing this week whereby the plaintiffs attorney was present via telephonic hearing. That is to say, we were in chambers with the Judge, while the plaintiff attorney was on "speaker...

Substituting derivative of acceleration for acceleration [ 1 Answers ]

Can the derivative of acceleration be subsituted for a in f=ma?

Motion with constant acceleration [ 2 Answers ]

Someone is driving through a town at 12.0 m/s when suddenly a ball rolls out in front of them. You apply the brakes and begin decelerating at 3.5 m/s^2. a- How far do you travel before stopping? b- when you have traveled only half the distance in part (a), is the speed 6.0 m/s, greater than, or...

Need motion in opposition to defendants motion for summary judgement & TO STOP Thief [ 5 Answers ]

Good day all,received a motion in the mail "plaintiff's motion for default judgement as to defendents xxxxxx,xxxxxx,xxxxxx, and judgement on the pledings as to defendant xxxxxxx (state gov agency that sold the tax deed ) this case is about a overlooked tax lein sold against my grandmothers house ...

View more questions Search