Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crotolo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2009, 04:23 PM
    Judgement Debtor needs assistance paying/options
    I am the Judgment Debtor sued was given a break but still owe 2,200.00 $35/a week. It says to contact the court Clerk if this is a problem in fine print. I did, and the just gave me the process book. I called the Connecticut assistance and would not speak to me because I am not low-income. I make a fair wage, but my bills/debts totally drain me out. So I cannot afford to pay this. What are my options, I Imagine I have to prove to the court, but how do I go about doing this? Thanks.:cool:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 17, 2009, 04:26 PM

Your options are bankruptcy or arriving at an arrangement with ALL your creditors. If a judgement was awarded to a creditor, they can use that judgement to garnish your salary or attach bank account.
    crotolo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2009, 02:56 AM
    So just showing them copies of my bills and bank statements won't work? OK Thanks for the help.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 18, 2009, 05:47 AM
    Inability to pay is not a defence.

All showing them you bills and statements will do is have them tell you to budget better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Other options for collecting on a judgement [ 1 Answers ]

I won a judgement from a former friend and he will not pay it.I tried for income execution and he has child support taken from his check... so I was out of luck there.He has a rental property that brings in a good monthly check.Is there some way I can get to his rent due to him until I get paid?

Judgement Debtor for Credit Card Debt [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Florida I just got a letter from an attorney telling me that I am a Judgement Debtor for a credit card debt. They are treating me, they kept on calling( I don't answer). I don't work, the house is in my husband name I am just the benificiary, we have a joint bank account. The debt is...

Received notification of a summary Judgement, What are my options? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a credit card debt that I am being sued for. I filed an intent to defend letter within the 20 days required. I never heard from the plaintiff or the court. I contacted the court several times. Today I received both a the filing for summary judgement and the notice of summary judgement in...

Won small claims, debtor not paying, possibly file lien on vehicle [ 2 Answers ]

I was awarded $739.92 in a small claims suit on 06/06/07(landlord-tenant issue). As of 09/24/07, I have only received 2 cashiers' checks in the amount of $25 each. I was informed by an attorney here in Wisconsin that the court charges 12% interest on the unpaid balance, so even with the $50 she...

What can I expect at the Judgement Debtor Exam [ 6 Answers ]

In a week and a half I am producing financial documents due to a subpeona duces tecum for a judgement debtors exam. Scarey thought with no attorney... Anyway, this is for a 9 yr 11 month old judgement for a deficiency balance on a car that I let go back to the dealer over 10 years ago. I wasn't...

View more questions Search