Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 24, 2009, 07:40 PM
    Congrats!!

Is there any way I can help you with the drugs and their classes?
    Carebear99 Posts: 42, Reputation: 4

Feb 24, 2009, 07:51 PM

I wish there was a trick for this or something... It's more all memorization I guess. The drugs we were given were Hydrochlorothiazide, Morphine, Digoxin, Asprin, Penicillin, Dilantin, Diazepam, Tylenol and a whole lot more... then we were given Beta 2 agonists and h2 agonists and we had to write their classification and their Uses. I mixed them allllllll up :(
    Expert

Feb 24, 2009, 08:06 PM
    Do you have a drug reference book?

Feb 24, 2009, 10:18 PM

Yeah, I have a drug reference book. I just studied all the major drugs we learned. I'm stuck on Beta Blockers though.. I'm just wondering, what's the difference between beta 1 blockers and beta 2 blockers... Im finding this book really confusing.
    Expert

Feb 25, 2009, 06:47 AM
    Remember that most beta blockers end in -olol... atenolol, metoprolol, labetalol, etc

Beta 1 (acebutolol, atenolol, emolol, metoprolol) produce a fall in blood pressure without reducing the heart rate or without producing reflex tachycardia.

Beta 2, on the other hand, carry a risk of dropping the heart rate to dangerously low levels.

Feb 25, 2009, 02:45 PM

Hey thank you! I just wrote my exam, My schools passing grade is 90% for pharmacology. Im not sure how I did, I think I got 4 or 5 wrong. I got all the written questions dead on and same with the multiple choice. However, the true or false always messes me up... I will post my mark once I get it, hopefully tomorrow!! I just wanted to say thanks again you helped me out a lot :) Finally, exams are over... 6 exams in 3 days is a lot!!
    Expert

Feb 25, 2009, 02:48 PM
    Girl, you did great!! 6 exams are definitely a lot in 3 days. I truly despised the end of every semester.

Feb 27, 2009, 10:42 PM

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh I PASSED THE SEMESTER!! I'm sooo happy thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCHH, YOU'RE AWESOME =)!!
    Expert

Feb 28, 2009, 12:29 PM
    You are very welcome! I knew you could do it!

Now, take a break until the next semester begins. Don't even stick your head in a book. LOL

I'll be here when you start back.

Mar 2, 2009, 04:12 PM

LOL... Im enjoying my week off :)... Damn right, I'm not sticking my head in another book until I go back hahahaha... I start my practicum next week though, I have to actually give injections to real patients... that'll be nerve racking, especially since I've only practiced in oranges!
    Expert

Mar 2, 2009, 09:05 PM
    Practicum? That's what we call clinicals. We do that DURING each semester. Not to worry though, giving a shot to an orange is MUCH harder than giving one to a person. The skin is not quite as tough. LOL

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a man after paying support for 15 yrs request paternity and get support stopped [ 2 Answers ]

If a man paid child support for 15 yrs and begins to question paternity can he get this stopped

Family support/spouse support/alimony [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Northern California, I pay family support to my ex but is it the same than spouse+child support? How can I stop paying alimony to my ex who's getting married?

View more questions Search