Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lostinmylife Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2009, 11:41 AM
    Wants the pain to stop
    I don't know what to do or where to turn. Let me start from the top I lost my job a year ago and just now found a new one. But it might just be to late. I've been with my girlfriend for almost four years now and due to me being out of work everything started going down hill. She always says things like she's tired and that I should never be because I don't work anyway, and that I'm just using her. But, mind you I have keep the same job for three of the pass four years that we have been together. Today we had a big fight and I think that it might be over I had to move in with her and she always throw it in my face. I'm no bum I just fell on hard times. She has been my longest relationship, the but the pain of staying is becoming too much for me. I don't know what to do I'm lost. PLEASE HELP
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2009, 11:53 AM

Well you are either willing to see through this spell as things are on the upturn or you walk away now that you are in a better position to get your life together (then she will probably REALLY feel like you used her). Which do you prefer?
    Shelesh Posts: 55, Reputation: 4

Feb 17, 2009, 11:54 AM

It's hard for you.. I understand. Well, I'll post an answer later, because am in a hurry right now..
    Be more serious in life and show that you are responsible enough for her to trust you and go further in her relationship with you. Show how much you care for her.

Take care!

Your destiny is in your hand, shape it carefully and wisely.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Feb 17, 2009, 12:00 PM
    I would give it time, and I'll tell you why.

Presuming it was good before you lost your job a year ago, a year is a long time to support a person without being resentful. I would think the stress and pressure of not knowing what the future might bring, as well as worry and concern while you go through the ups and downs of looking for work, and being there for you when jobs didn't materialize, would test a saint.

I don't know a single soul who hasn't done something hurtful to another at some time during their relationship. Words come out that shouldn't, feelings are hurt, frustration and anger take over, and arguments happen. Nobody feels good about saying the words, and the person receiving them is naturally hurt; nobody wins those arguments.

With the new job, your life will turn back to relatively normal. You'll have money coming in, which will ease the pressure all the way around, you'll get back into a routine, and life will resume where it left off.

If you were married, I'd say this is a good example of loving someone through good times, and in bad.

As you already have a major change with the new job, let that get comfortable first, and then if things do not improve, well, that is another decision to make after things have settled down again.

Take all the words and hurtful comments in stride, and with a grain of salt is my opinion and advice here.

It is more likely than not unusual behaviour because it is an unusual situation. Just remember that although it was a year, it is still temporary in the bigger scope of things.
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2009, 12:02 PM

You can easily get back on your feet, and show her you aren't using her. You could move out, and in with someone else and then, when you get back to your feet, talk to her.
    Shelesh Posts: 55, Reputation: 4

Feb 17, 2009, 12:12 PM
    Honesty, communication, patience, trust; all these are important when building a relationship.
    It's only a few I mentioned.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2009, 04:24 PM

From what you said, it sounds like she thinks you are an unpleasant companion. That may be due to a depression.

You can do something to make yourself feel better and be a better companion.

Add some additional activities to your life, new friends... go to different and fun places and take your girlfriend.

Good luck to you, :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to make the pain stop [ 21 Answers ]

I am 30 years old, and I feel sad, lonely all the time since my break up. I know Im not the only one having a break up, I just don't understand why I can't get over this one.and why I am not able to forget him. I need him to be with me so much that it hurts... as if some energy is going out from...

Gum pain, how to stop it until my appointment? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi everyone, This question is a 2 part-er... My boyfriend was complaining about gum pain and so he removed his oral piercing and shortly after I started getting gum pain. First question, is it possible he gave me some sort of gum disease by kissing? I didn't have any symptoms until a couple...

Left sided groin pain + dizziness and infrequent chest pain [ 1 Answers ]

I started having pain in the left side of my groin yesterday, it's painful to sit, walk, stand and then today I took my mom to church and during church I had dizziness and severe chest pain. I was able to drive us home luckily, I had another episode of the chest pain when we got to her house and...

To Stop the daily Pain [ 1 Answers ]

What excercises for the foot can an adult do who has CONTRACTURES OF the ankle or foot JOINTS due to being sick by polio as an infant?

How long does it take for the tears and pain to stop [ 4 Answers ]

I lost my father Jan. 14th 2007 I was with him at the time of his passing. I knew that he was tired of fighting for his life, and I knew he would be leaving us. I just wasn't ready for it to be so soon. I cry all the time, I can not seem to get motivated into everyday task. I was mad, angry and...

View more questions Search